SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#432472 - 05/29/17 02:22 AM Steve and Tony Request
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve and Tony (Alphabetical—smile)

Would you mind posting some pictures of your tablet and keyboard with connecting wires and whatever?
How is the automatic song / keyboard control working?

John C.

#432473 - 05/29/17 04:53 AM Re: Steve and Tony Request [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
John, You do have a real sense of humor smile

The automatic song/keyboard control is working like a charm! Took it out for its first gig last week. I had a set list configured on my Pa4x and as soon as I picked tune from the Pa4x set list the corresponding lead sheet was on the Pro12 immediately. Talk about keeping downtime between songs to a minimum this set up does the trick. I'm posting some photos that I took while deciding the best way to set up my new tablet holder with the wiring, it's not very neat but was all part of deciding how I wanted the set up.

I set things up so that my mic boom and tablet holder both connect to the x-stand no need for any additional stands.

The only additional cable I need is a USB cable that connects from the 4x to the Pro12 tablet.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

#432480 - 05/29/17 07:28 AM Re: Steve and Tony Request [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
John ... if you used our surnames I would have been FIRST !!! grin

I am using the tablet for the first time on today's Memorial Day gig in NJ ... it has gone well in practice and rehearsal ... I even put a 'Memorial Day' 'SETLIST' together on the tablet that matches the 'Songbook' setlist on my Pa900 ...
I'll give a report later - probably tomorrow - as to how it goes... I will have hard copy ready 'just in case' ...

One disappointment about the On-Stage Bookplate tablet holder ... https://on-stage.com/products/view/11703/121979 The last small pic in this ad shows the Bookplate without the 'mounting screw' (my terminology) that would attach to the bar ... when Steve and I worked on his, we were able to remove that mounting screw which allowed the Bookplate to be mounted on a boom mic bar ... when I got MY Bookplate, I tried to remove that mounting screw and almost sprained my wrist trying to get it off to no avail ... I contacted the On-Stage customer service manager (who was very helpful, cordial and patient) and found out that the mounting screw is now not meant to be removed and is set in with 'threadlock' adhesive ... apparently Steve's Bookplate did not have the right amount of threadlock adhesive - OR, I had an extra dish of Wheaties for breakfast that day and was able to unscrew it ... confused1
After spending a considerable amount of time with the CS manager on the phone and with e-mails I have a 'work-around I am going to try when I get back home next week ... More about that later ...
The CS manager did tell me that On-Stage R&D is working on another Bookplate model to attach to a boom mic bar ... frown

#432481 - 05/29/17 07:29 AM Re: Steve and Tony Request [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony...

Take pics /videos..... cool2

#432486 - 05/29/17 02:22 PM Re: Steve and Tony Request [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
No one to take vids ... Someone took a pic but I have to see if I can brighten it up ...
Audience loved the show ... AND the Pro12 worked flawlessly!!! rocker

Once again, thanks for your help, Steve ...

Edited by tony mads usa (05/29/17 02:23 PM)

#432490 - 05/29/17 03:21 PM Re: Steve and Tony Request [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
No one to take vids ... Someone took a pic but I have to see if I can brighten it up ...

Tony, Congrats on what was a great gig! Always glad to help when I can..............Welcome to the digital age. cool

#432491 - 05/29/17 03:40 PM Re: Steve and Tony Request [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

frown

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online