SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#426901 - 10/12/16 09:19 AM PA-4x debut - finally!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Making my final tests, and tweaks before taking the 4x out tomorrow night for a 2 night maiden voyage. Thursday night is an open mic, so I might not get to play it as much as a normal situation, but Friday night is a dueling piano thing, so it'll get quite the workout. (at least the piano, and vocal sections!)
Fingers crossed ... excited, and not the lest bit worried.
(well, TBH - I'm still not sure about how I'll feel about monitoring from an external source, but I got a deal on an inexpensive IEM ... just as a safety net!
https://www.amazon.com/Wi-Digital-Wi-ALP55-Instruments-Monitoring/dp/B00K965SUW/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

#426902 - 10/12/16 09:40 AM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Korgman5
Unregistered

Dave,
Good luck Thursday and Friday nights. The Pa4X will perform as
intended i'm sure. Korg has a very good board in the Pa4X. I
am enjoying mine. Lloyd

#426903 - 10/12/16 09:40 AM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

good luck Dave........leaving guitars home also?

wheres the dueling Pianos gig?

Edited by Dnj (10/12/16 10:29 AM)

#426904 - 10/12/16 10:25 AM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boy how things have changed...
I remember the days when we opened the box, spent an hour on the board and headed for the gig.

Most detriments are found on the job, where they always show up smile

We would set up our go to sounds, easy eight styles, and our control pedals.....and do our thing on the job.

The pa4x is similar enough to the pa900, you have played for two years....it would have been a piece of cake to perform, the day you got it..
The audience would never be aware of the things you worry about, and you would learn much more from experience.

We are not talking about style composing, sampling etc...we are talking about what you always done..comping yourself while singing..

#426907 - 10/12/16 10:32 AM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Boy how things have changed...
I remember the days when we opened the box, spent an hour on the board and headed for the gig.

I know it that very well Fran,....just sayin' keys

#426908 - 10/12/16 10:44 AM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... you are ready to AMAZE, Dave ... singer keys

#426912 - 10/12/16 01:49 PM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My experience - the better prepared you are, the better (and less stressful) the gig is going to be. Just sayin'.

chas

#426916 - 10/12/16 05:06 PM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
All the best, Dave.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#426919 - 10/12/16 06:33 PM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave remember what has been said here; “It is not the keyboard it’s the player”

If two strings broke on your guitar you would still finish with flying colors. And --- you’re good enough to cover any errors or problems you might have. Can't wait to hear.

John C.

#426922 - 10/12/16 06:47 PM Re: PA-4x debut - finally! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know I used to just throw caution to the wind, and learn a new instrument on the job, but this time, things were different. I'm restructuring my career path to phase out the school job, and ease back into full time performance. I didn't want to fall into a comfort zone that would make it easy to miss some of the subtle differences the 4x offers. The 900 is still a fine tool, but there are differences in the layout, button placement, etc. that would take my attention away from my performance, and I didn't want that. I'm 10 years older than when I last did this full time, playing rooms that are hosted by entertainers who are my kids' ages, and I'm using a very new system of monitoring that I, previously, did not enjoy. (I will miss "in my face", but I'm ready to experiment)
Thanks for all the encouragement (not you, Fran) smile ... I'm totally ready for this, and these two venues are the perfect place to set sail. The rest of the month is pretty busy as well, so by Halloween, I'll be feeling right at home, I'm sure! (can't wait to rock the walls with my Phantom Pipe Organ!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online