SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423837 - 07/24/16 09:24 PM do you have a stage name
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I was thinking, as I'm closing up shop for the night, Bill said he took his stage name from Jerry Lee Lewis and Jerry Lewis. I, myself, was born with a completely different name. Too long for show business. I studied the phone book for weeks and came up with a name that I liked.

How many of you have changed your own name to a stage name? You don't have to say what it is? Just wondering....how many changed to a stage name?

#423861 - 07/25/16 08:37 AM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't need one - for years lots of folks have asked me if Gary Diamond was my real name or a stage name.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#423863 - 07/25/16 09:28 AM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
25 years ago, my long-time employers, the people who owned the Merrick Inn, brought me two Greek fishing hats and said" this is to wear outside on the patio. They're for "the Captain". I've been "The Captain" for years to about 1/2 my audience. Many don't know my name.

Obviously, that's where "Captain Russ" came from here.

R.

#423864 - 07/25/16 09:45 AM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: Mark79100]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
As a young man in my 20's and 30's I was a radio DJ. One of the stations I worked for said "Shoemaker was not a sexy enough name for the radio" and changed my air name to Ed Ryan.

Later I worked in a duo with a female singer whose real name is Lois Lane. More than once I had to tell a club owner that I could not cash checks made out to Clark Kent.

Eddie

#423865 - 07/25/16 11:18 AM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: btweengigs]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: btweengigs
As a young man in my 20's and 30's I was a radio DJ. One of the stations I worked for said "Shoemaker was not a sexy enough name for the radio" and changed my air name to Ed Ryan.
Later I worked in a duo with a female singer whose real name is Lois Lane. More than once I had to tell a club owner that I could not cash checks made out to Clark Kent.
Eddie

laugh2 In today's market, you would probably be known as 'Eddy the Shoe' ... grin

#423866 - 07/25/16 11:45 AM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: btweengigs]
Stephenm52 Offline

Eddie

Hey Clark, I mean Ed is that Lois Lane now a realtor in Central Florida? I know a Lois Lane there.

In my late teens I had a radio show on WPRO-FM here in Providence called myself Mike Stevens I just reversed my first and middle name to come up with that. Not sure why I didn't call myself Steve Michaels? as for music today I use my real name but I do have my banner printed up billing me as "Steve M"

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Eddie

laugh2 In today's market, you would probably be known as 'Eddy the Shoe' ... grin

Tony, "Eddy the Shoe" sounds he belongs in the Cosa Nostra laugh

#423872 - 07/25/16 02:15 PM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Eddie

Hey Clark, I mean Ed is that Lois Lane now a realtor in Central Florida? I know a Lois Lane there.

In my late teens I had a radio show on WPRO-FM here in Providence called myself Mike Stevens I just reversed my first and middle name to come up with that. Not sure why I didn't call myself Steve Michaels? as for music today I use my real name but I do have my banner printed up billing me as "Steve M"

Eddie

Steve ...I guess Li'l Rhody is getting to me ... laugh2

#423873 - 07/25/16 02:35 PM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

Bottom line here is when it comes income tax time, Uncle Sam doesn't want to know anything but your birth name, SS# and name, rank, and serial #. I have to go hunting for my birth certificate now to see what my name is?

But that's the beauty of being in entertainment.....you don't like your name? just change it!

#423875 - 07/25/16 03:04 PM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I go by the stage name Garth Brooks, but please don't let my secret out.

#423876 - 07/25/16 03:22 PM Re: do you have a stage name [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Eddie

Eddie

Steve ...I guess Li'l Rhody is getting to me ... laugh2
\

Tony I can relate to the Rhody factor...........when I make reservations by phone at any of the Italian restaurants I use the name Steve MOLINARI, they remember that one a lot easier an my real last name....maybe because they sell Molinari Sambuca and Folonari wines juggle

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/25/16 03:25 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online