SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#421095 - 05/07/16 10:46 PM Audya still going strong even after six years...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
In our native tongue bottom of thread.

#421101 - 05/08/16 12:33 AM Re: Audya still going strong even after six years... [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Offcourse, its still a great instrument, because innovation has been minimal in the arranger branche over the last 6 years...

However, i would definately put it behind t5 and pa4x in my current rankings..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421107 - 05/08/16 05:49 AM Re: Audya still going strong even after six years... [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Audya still remain my Favorite instrument!!!!
I love it!!!

#421432 - 05/18/16 09:30 PM Re: Audya still going strong even after six years... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

More here.

#421575 - 05/22/16 09:38 PM Re: Audya still going strong even after six years... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Recorded another one over the weekend..

#421950 - 06/03/16 03:56 AM Re: Audya still going strong even after six years... [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Great that you are still enjoying your Audya after all this time Henni - I also still have my Audya (the very first one to come into the country). I did flirt with the SD7, but am too in love with the long Audio loops, low compression, live guitars.

But some do get tempted away or get caught up with 'consumerism' believing newer must be better. Last week we had a customer who bought an Audya when they first came out. He sold that and recently bought a Tyros 5, but after Audya he could not stand the Tyros sound through a big PA system live (although loved it at home) So he bought a 76 key Korg PA4x...just a few weeks later and he is back with us to part exchanged it in for a brand new Audya. Full circle smile

He brought a friend with him who is a Tyros 5 owner. A lovely chap but obsessed with having the 'most up to date', he kept asking if the Audya we were showing our customer was the latest version and just could not grasp the concept of Ketrons non-cunsumerist approach to their products. The idea that this instrument was exactly the same as a 7 year old model (except for the sound and style updates) was just unnaceptable and he was totally confused smile But he was so taken aback with the sound he went home with a new module himself. (the latest version of course...hehe)

#422011 - 06/05/16 09:50 PM Re: Audya still going strong even after six years... [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Hi TWD,

Nice to find you active over here again. I recently discovered that on the Audya:

1. For the onboard browse in style parts, you could change the voice to anything you like - awesome! Worth playing with...

2. I can copy intros, endings fom any style to any style - it automatically creates the correct measures for the new section.

The above makes for a whole new, as yet unexplored feature, on my Audya.

(My only gripe - all the styles I create onboard the Audya are incompatible with the Audya Style Compiler afterwards & I don't know how to fix this. It could then only be played on OS5.2 & nothing else. On the Style Compiler, it complains about a dive by zero error.) However, this does not effect me in any way as I am perfectly happy with OS5.2A & I do not miss ANYTHING for a newer OS.

Cheers all,

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online