SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#418280 - 03/14/16 08:07 AM Yamaha S970 .........
Dnj Offline

headphone

#418286 - 03/14/16 02:23 PM Re: Yamaha S970 ......... [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny: With all the hype of new boards on the market, it's easy to forget just how great the 970 sounds.

I'm still getting familiar with all this board can do...and I'm not disappointed with anything thus far. My needs differ than most here as it never leaves my studio.

Jingleman

#418287 - 03/14/16 02:50 PM Re: Yamaha S970 ......... [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: jingleman
Donny: With all the hype of new boards on the market, it's easy to forget just how great the 970 sounds.

I'm still getting familiar with all this board can do...and I'm not disappointed with anything thus far. My needs differ than most here as it never leaves my studio.

Jingleman

I agree the more I perform with the S970 the better I'm liking it, glad I kept it,...at this point the sounds & styles are amazing!...
only new navagational features eg: Tilt display, Front Usb, Redesigned MFD with more saving power and text size options, etc, etc, in the next S model could tear me away.... cool2

Edited by Dnj (03/14/16 02:51 PM)

#418290 - 03/14/16 05:16 PM Re: Yamaha S970 ......... [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Donnie & Jingleman:

I know you gig a great deal, Donnie but sounds like Jingleman and I have a great deal in common. I use my 910 in my little studio and it never gets to see the outside world. Wish I could have afforded the 970 or a Tyros but the 910 is a fantastic machine in it's own right. I'm a songwriter and the 910 replaced a 2000 and it's selection of instruments (Yamaha calls them voices, LOL) are fantastic.

Donnie, you mentioned the lack of a USB port on the front of the 970 (the 910 has the same problem) but I solved this issue by attaching a USB chord to the rear slot and fastened it down near the front of the machine on my stand.

Sorry I've not been around much but I have been lurking a great deal and sure worry about Don Mason and all the folks in northern Louisiana with the flooding. My brother's home at Caddo Lake in the East Texas part is just a foot from being flooded. Thank goodness it's on tall piers.

I'm nearing my lifetime goal of writing and recording 1,000 songs and, thanks to the 910, my songs at the free website called ShowCaseYourMusic.com are in first place in three categories: Country; Americana and Easy Listening.

Being able to "rub elbows on line" with so many of you talented gig artists is an inspiration and a fantastic learning tool for me. Thanks, Nigel... for all you do for us.

Dave Rice

HTTP//WWW:ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online