SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#416022 - 02/04/16 09:21 AM S950 vs Bk9 revisited..
Dnj Offline

What do YOU think?.......

#416032 - 02/04/16 10:18 AM Re: S950 vs Bk9 revisited.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had both. They are so different in the way they operate and sound that comparison is really hard.
PSR--open the box, plug it in and play.
BK9--open the box, spend two weeks setting things up and then play! Exception is piano and organ. BK9 sounds great there immediately.

#416035 - 02/04/16 10:22 AM Re: S950 vs Bk9 revisited.. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I had both. They are so different in the way they operate and sound that comparison is really hard.
PSR--open the box, plug it in and play.
BK9--open the box, spend two weeks setting things up and then play! Exception is piano and organ. BK9 sounds great there immediately.

I agree Don......the Bk5 was a bit longer to set up also and after that I wasn't that happy & sold it. It sounded ok but the navigation in live play was atrocious.

#416085 - 02/05/16 08:20 AM Re: S950 vs Bk9 revisited.. [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I agree the Bk9 is still a work in progreess for me after countless hours of programming. This is after I spent a ton of time with the BK7M before I got the BK9. I would also love a quicker navigation route for live play eventually will experiment with using the IPad to change registrations.

BTW I was speaking to a salesperson at Sweetwater Sound about a recorder I bought and the conversation went around to Roland. They discontinued the PK6 bass pedals even though the VR09 live preformance keybaord has a proprieatary jack for it. DUMB ! The price if the PK6 was close to a grand so that explains the reason for its low sales.
Also the BK7M is discontinued and the BK5 and 9 are soon to follow.
Roland does this a lot and its annoying to me.
I was hot to buy one or two of the SA300 sound sytems a few years back. Never saw one and no stores knew anything about them. Yes they would order it but never a definate date on delivery so I moved on to JBL 515XTs Then shorty after the SA300 along with the really hard to find SA1000 amp was discontinued too.

#416087 - 02/05/16 08:28 AM Re: S950 vs Bk9 revisited.. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
I agree the Bk9 is still a work in progreess for me after countless hours of programming. This is after I spent a ton of time with the BK7M before I got the BK9. I would also love a quicker navigation route for live play eventually will experiment with using the IPad to change registrations.

BTW I was speaking to a salesperson at Sweetwater Sound about a recorder I bought and the conversation went around to Roland. They discontinued the PK6 bass pedals even though the VR09 live preformance keybaord has a proprieatary jack for it. DUMB ! The price if the PK6 was close to a grand so that explains the reason for its low sales.
Also the BK7M is discontinued and the BK5 and 9 are soon to follow.
Roland does this a lot and its annoying to me.
I was hot to buy one or two of the SA300 sound sytems a few years back. Never saw one and no stores knew anything about them. Yes they would order it but never a definate date on delivery so I moved on to JBL 515XTs Then shorty after the SA300 along with the really hard to find SA1000 amp was discontinued too.

Bill I had them all switched to FBT and never looked back

http://fbtusa.com/

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online