SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#415569 - 01/29/16 12:47 PM New Montage Song
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
This video posted by Yamaha Music London features a song done on the Montage. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loT2v5ErQFo

#415575 - 01/29/16 04:31 PM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Mikem]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Where does it say it was done on the Montage?
Just curious wink
Eric

#415591 - 01/30/16 05:03 AM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Eric, B]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Eric, B
Where does it say it was done on the Montage?
Just curious wink
Eric

Its obvious, because of the hugeness and masiveness of the sound that this is the Montage..

Because where featurewise, the Montage pales (they really should offer more features for this money) thats where the sound is out of this earth according to those who had a handson at NAmm (even Korg Devotees admitted this)

But if i compare it to other instruments.... there is so much top end Yamaha technollogy and features, that should be part of their top product..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#415593 - 01/30/16 06:23 AM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Good answer, Bachus.

I'll just add that the title of the video is, "Introducing the Yamaha Montage Synthesizer" and then it shows the Montage being played throughout the video. Plus, it's from Yamaha Music London. To me, it's pretty clear the music was made with the Montage. I don't think Yamaha Music London would fool us. The sound is also in keeping with other demos.

However, anything is possible, I guess.

P.S. I actually tried out the Motif XF and other keyboards at the above store when I was visiting London in 2011. Nice store, helpful staff, and lots of Yamaha keyboards!

#415595 - 01/30/16 06:36 AM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Mikem

then it shows the Montage being played throughout the video. Plus, it's from Yamaha Music London. To me, it's pretty clear the music was made with the Montage.

I guess so, too, but the playing shown in the video is not the sound of the song, at least not in sync.

#415596 - 01/30/16 06:45 AM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

If you fast-forward the video to 2:26, you'll see the following on the lower, right-hand side: "Created with the Yamaha Montage...".

I don't think they would write that if it weren't true.

#415599 - 01/30/16 06:58 AM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Mikem]
rosetree
Unregistered

No, it's certainly from the Montage, why not. But these are mainly FM-X sounds, besides some distorion guitars and hand clapping. Sounds electronically massive, yes, but not very relevant for what I'm interested in. I'm too old-fashioned for these sounds.

#415602 - 01/30/16 07:23 AM Re: New Montage Song [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
No, it's certainly from the Montage, why not. But these are mainly FM-X sounds, besides some distorion guitars and hand clapping. Sounds electronically massive, yes, but not very relevant for what I'm interested in. I'm too old-fashioned for these sounds.

Like you, I'm mainly interested in realistic acoustic sounds, especially orchestral sounds. However, I think some synth-type sounds can also be very interesting.

At 54, I'm old-fashined, too!

#415635 - 01/30/16 12:32 PM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Mikem]
Eric, B Offline

Originally Posted By: Mikem
Good answer, Bachus.

I'll just add that the title of the video is, "Introducing the Yamaha Montage Synthesizer" and then it shows the Montage being played throughout the video. Plus, it's from Yamaha Music London. To me, it's pretty clear the music was made with the Montage. I don't think Yamaha Music London would fool us. The sound is also in keeping with other demos.

However, anything is possible, I guess.

P.S. I actually tried out the Motif XF and other keyboards at the above store when I was visiting London in 2011. Nice store, helpful staff, and lots of Yamaha keyboards!

Thanks wink
Eric

#415636 - 01/30/16 12:33 PM Re: New Montage Song [Re: Eric, B]
Eric, B Offline

I did like the sound a lot though smile
Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online