SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#402619 - 05/20/15 04:11 PM Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature??
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
If the SD-7 demonstrator is being completely honest in the multitrack demo, Ketron has been able to accomplish something never seen before. If you listen, the demonstrator states that the song he is mixing is a surround sound .wav file. As he pushes the faders up and down...there is complete separation of bass, drums, Stings vocal and guitars. There is no leakage or bleed from other tracks. Not even in the reverb and delay on the vocal track. The guys at my local music store (Brent's Music) could not believe it as they watched the video. They said they must have gotten the multitrack stems to pull this off. Everyone on this site knows how weak voice cancellation technology is. If this feature is real...Ketron may have discovered a technology way beyond anything available today utilizing software or current hardware options.

#402620 - 05/20/15 04:22 PM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

It's just one song shown... I'm Still not convinced yet.

#402627 - 05/20/15 07:34 PM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: jingleman]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
this could be a recording of styles done in the SD7 itself which assigns the instruments on specific tracks.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#402628 - 05/20/15 09:50 PM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jingleman
If the SD-7 demonstrator is being completely honest in the multitrack demo, Ketron has been able to accomplish something never seen before. If you listen, the demonstrator states that the song he is mixing is a surround sound .wav file. As he pushes the faders up and down...there is complete separation of bass, drums, Stings vocal and guitars. There is no leakage or bleed from other tracks. Not even in the reverb and delay on the vocal track. The guys at my local music store (Brent's Music) could not believe it as they watched the video. They said they must have gotten the multitrack stems to pull this off. Everyone on this site knows how weak voice cancellation technology is. If this feature is real...Ketron may have discovered a technology way beyond anything available today utilizing software or current hardware options.

Its not a single wav file...

it are 6 seperate wav files, just like 6 audio tracks in your DAW..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#402631 - 05/20/15 11:28 PM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

There is also an upcomming international standard format for this(multi track audio), its called stems and is supported by Native instruments..

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/stems/

Would be nice if Ketron could support this standard too in the future..

#402633 - 05/21/15 05:57 AM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Bachus: Are you sure that they have access to the original stems as "Syncronicity" was recorded quite some time ago. If you are correct...the demonstrator is extremely vague with his
explanation of accomplishing this.

#402634 - 05/21/15 05:57 AM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Another reason we need to see & hear MORE Demonstrations of the features of the new SD7?...

AJ?

#402637 - 05/21/15 07:52 AM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: jingleman
Bachus: Are you sure that they have access to the original stems as "Syncronicity" was recorded quite some time ago. If you are correct...the demonstrator is extremely vague with his
explanation of accomplishing this.

I dont know, i just know there is a new standard for multi track audio

And i am wondering if Ketron supports that standard?

#402638 - 05/21/15 10:56 AM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: jingleman]
leezone Offline

can we get a link to this video?

#402641 - 05/21/15 01:07 PM Re: Does anybody really comprehend this SD-7 Feature?? [Re: leezone]
jingleman Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online