SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#401559 - 04/19/15 11:34 AM Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Really? Where on Earth are they?

#401561 - 04/19/15 11:41 AM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny answered in the Ketron thread below ... UD is probably too busy ...

#401562 - 04/19/15 11:44 AM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Thanks Tony

#401571 - 04/19/15 03:13 PM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neither one of them would have the gonnies to sail down the east coast to Florida, Boo. At least not in a boat the size I own. A cruise ship - maybe, but a sailing yacht - NAH! Imagine those two guys aboard my boat when a storm comes up and they're 50 miles out in the ocean in 12 foot seas.

I've invited them to go sailing with me in Chesapeake Bay for the past 8 years - haven't seen either of them at the marina yet.

Just sayin,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#401681 - 04/22/15 11:16 AM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Gary you wouldn't lie to me, eh? Are you sure there is no way To sail out here to Fruita, pick me up, then head for the California coast and cross over the Pacific to Hawaii?

#401690 - 04/22/15 03:01 PM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

I can sail to Hawaii easy enough from here. Might take about six months to get there, though. I would have to sail south to Key West, then make a right turn and head to Panama, go through the Canal, then head northwest to Hawaii. Total distance approximately 7,000 miles, and that's if I didn't sail north to California to pick you up, Boo. Add another 1500 miles to the trip if you want to meet me in San Diego, CA.

All the best,

Gary cool

#401692 - 04/22/15 04:23 PM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Gary, I'll be there first thing in the morning.

#401693 - 04/22/15 04:38 PM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

The trip from San Diego to Hawaii takes about 45 days, Boo. Keep in mind that on a good day, most sailboats move along at the brisk pace of about 7 MPH. Fortunately, they ride pretty smooth and the Pacific Ocean is the calmest of all the world's oceans. I know, personally, a half-dozen guys that have made that trip and said they loved every minute of it. Of course, they're a lot younger than myself, and they all had some hot babes along with them.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#401738 - 04/24/15 08:03 AM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Stop by my house Gary here in So cal along the way .

#401739 - 04/24/15 08:11 AM Re: Is Dave and DNJ sailing down the coast to Florida? [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

I wish I could make that trip, but I'm just too old to make that kind of voyage singlehanded, which is the way I usually travel on the boat. Just traveling to the Florida Keys in the boat takes 30 days to get there. And, that's if the weather cooperates, which is never the case. The last time I sailed to the sunny south I get jammed up in Myrtle Beach when Hurricane Sandy caught up with me. I spent a week waiting for Sandy to make it's way north while I sat in a marina playing music for other boaters in the same situation. We had one Hell of a hurricane party. smile

All the best,

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online