SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#401495 - 04/17/15 01:19 PM Nigel: Yet ANOTHER new toy
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I know, it's an addiction.

This one is my favorite new "cheapy" of all time. It's an imported D'Angelico and EXP 1, or something like that. It has a floating Dan Armstrong, controls on the pick guard (vol. and tone), gold hardware (Dont'like!), with a 17" bout in sunburst.

I've held a real one next to this, which is imported by D'Angelico, and, other than the slight differences in finish, it's obvious that the same molds were used.

For a street price of $1299.00, this is the finest playing guitar "out of the box" I've ever touched.

There's a magic to playing a D'Angelo...an attitude that you're dealing with a historic instrument.

Played through A Polytone, Hendrickson or Jazz Kat, they're purely fantastic...with an emphasis on the "pure" part.

I'm ordering a semi-hollow tomorrow.

The George Benson is GREAT, but "another animal" , built for a different sound.

Plus, the instrument came in with a broken case handle. The dealer wanted me to return the case AND guitar. When I called the company, they were as nice as any instrument company I've ever talked to. They're sending me a free new case, no questions asked, and apologized for the problem.

Check them out! They're not for many people and are sort of a
"one trick pony", But, man are they nice!

Roving Guitar Equipment Reporter and Critic,

Russ

#401498 - 04/17/15 02:31 PM Re: Nigel: Yet ANOTHER new toy [Re: captain Russ]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sorry, folks, I thought I was posting this at "The BAR".

R.

Nigel, It's surely OK by me if you would move this.

Edited by captain Russ (04/17/15 02:32 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online