SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#394978 - 10/18/14 08:03 AM What is the most impressive style on any keyboard?
DannyUK Offline

Not sure if this has ever been talked about but over the years with hundreds of thousands of styles across many brands, have you ever come across a style/pattern/rhythm that you've felt is a technical masterpiece ?

So hard to choose as there's so many but for me it's the following style:

Keyboard: Tyros 4
Genre: Ballad/Chillout
Style Name: Play4Sofa

I am completely mesmerised by this style, the complexity of the arrangements and chord sequences. The Pad sounds rival anything I've heard anywhere from cafe del mar. It's a stunningly put together style.

What's yours ?

#394979 - 10/18/14 09:18 AM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: DannyUK]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great topic Danny.

My favorite unedited factory style is ModernJazzBallad from the CVP-509 (also on CVP-609) and played on my Tyros4.

The style, from the Swing/Jazz genre, is very simple (3 parts) with only Drums (Live!Drums-Brush-Kit), Bass (Mega-Voice Acoustic Bass), and Jazz Guitar(Mega-Voice Jazz Guitar).

Each Variation has been programmed over 8-bars and Variations C and D are in double time, and the whole style sounds incredibly real with terrific bass lines and guitar strums. I used it to play Somewhere Over The Rainbow which I uploaded here some time ago.

I also agree with DannyUK about the Play4Sofa style being a masterpiece...I have also used it as basis for many other styles.

Ian

#394980 - 10/18/14 10:54 AM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Great topic Danny.
My favorite unedited factory style is ModernJazzBallad from the CVP-509 (also on CVP-609) and played on my Tyros4.
The style, from the Swing/Jazz genre, is very simple (3 parts) with only Drums (Live!Drums-Brush-Kit), Bass (Mega-Voice Acoustic Bass), and Jazz Guitar(Mega-Voice Jazz guitar).
Each Variation has been programmed over 8-bars and variations C and D are in double time, and the whole style sounds incredibly real with terrific bass lines and guitar strums. I used it to play Somewhere Over The Rainbow which I uploaded here some time ago.
I also agree with DannyUK about the Play4Sofa style being a masterpiece...I have also used it as basis for many other styles.
Ian

Ian ... that ModernJazzBallad style sounds like the perfect style for me ... I only wish there was a similar style on my KORG Pa900, with a double time variation ...

#394981 - 10/18/14 12:05 PM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

Ian ... that ModernJazzBallad style sounds like the perfect style for me ... I only wish there was a similar style on my KORG Pa900, with a double time variation ...

There is a style on the Yamaha 9000Pro that does basically the same thing...it's simply called Jazz Ballad 1 (it's at 84 bpm) and since it doesn't use any mega-voices, it shouldn't be too difficult to convert to Korg, if anyone here does conversions.

It's not quite as good as the ModernJazzBallad I mentioned above, but it's still very usable and it does have the double time on Variations C and D.

I can send the original from the 9Kpro to you if you wish.

Ian

#394983 - 10/18/14 01:36 PM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Ian ... I would appreciate that, and then I can search around for someone who does conversions ...

#394984 - 10/18/14 02:18 PM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Ian ... I would appreciate that, and then I can search around for someone who does conversions ...

Tony, check the email address that's in your profile...I've sent both the style from the 9000Pro and the style (unedited) I use from the CVP-509 along with the style track breakdowns.

I hope you can get them converted, and, more importantly, they will be useful.

Ian

#394985 - 10/18/14 02:37 PM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

got it ... thank you Ian ...

#395006 - 10/19/14 07:31 AM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: ianmcnll]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Ian. would you kindly send that for me to try as it should be fine on my T2.
Appreciated. grahamwcrosby@hotmail.co.uk

#395009 - 10/19/14 08:27 AM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: DannyUK]
ianmcnll Offline

On the way, Graham.

Ian

#395011 - 10/19/14 09:00 AM Re: What is the most impressive style on any keyboard? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

on my S-950 it's BLUES ROCK 2 hands down Intros & Ending 3 are so awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online