SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391669 - 08/08/14 09:17 PM Now I'M a believer! movie: Alive Inside
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I was playing at one of the few accounts I have left. Been there 13 years so I pretty much know every one of the residents.

I’m early and standing in the lobby next to the piano having a general conversation with the residents for about 20 minutes. There’s Sarah, 105 years old, sitting there next to the piano and, as usual sleeping (?).....or.....just eyes closed and not moving a muscle as she always does for those whole 20 minutes I was talking. In fact, I don't think I've EVER seen her move at all!

But this time she was seated next to me. I started playing and suddenly I noticed movement to my left. I hadn’t been playing 5 minutes when she started moving her body about, swaying, shaking her hands and singing the words to herself, all the while with her eyes closed. I watched all her actions, but I was more amazed watching her mouth move.....she sang, to herself, every word to almost every song I played. Her personal nurse was just as astounded.

I immediately thought about the movie “Alive Inside.”

#391675 - 08/09/14 02:58 AM Re: Now I'M a believer! movie: Alive Inside [Re: Mark79100]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
This is the most gratifying aspect of doing NH in my opinion. The AD's, over the years, have remarked many times about comatose patients coming alive with my music. I am sure that goes for all of us.

Bernie

#391679 - 08/09/14 05:12 AM Re: Now I'M a believer! movie: Alive Inside [Re: Mark79100]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Mark79100. Thats a lovely story...You are without dought a lot of enjoyment to these elderly folks...All of us are heading the same way...Well Done.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online