SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#390393 - 07/07/14 05:24 PM Tarantella (video) on Tyros 5
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Me playing "Tarantella" on Tyros 5. I'm trying to, as I make videos,
try a variety of kinds of music styles etc.

Jim

#390418 - 07/08/14 08:47 PM Re: Tarantella (video) on Tyros 5 [Re: jimlaing]
KORG80 Offline

You're dong some fine work lately, my friend. I thoroughly enjoy watching your videos. Involving the small keyboard is a stroke of genius. Is it midi connected to your Tyros or some other sound source?

God Bless,
Don

#390425 - 07/09/14 08:00 AM Re: Tarantella (video) on Tyros 5 [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi- thanks … the small keyboard is simply MIDI-connected to the Tyros. I have the Tyros MIDI set to use its MIDI channel for "RIGHT3" sound. You don't have to turn "on" the R3 sounds on the Tyros panel; the external keyboard just automatically will play/sound the R3 sound. The little keyboard I use is USB-powered, so I grab USB power right off the back of the Tyros - not to use data through USB, but just to use USB for power. So, I have a short (1-foot) MIDI cable and a 1-foot USB cable, to connect this little keyboard to the Tyros very quickly and easily at gigs … once I set up the MIDI once, I don't have to adjust that. So it's literally just ~30 seconds to set this keyboard up, ready to go, at a gig.

Also - as a side benefit, this particular keyboard has 8 buttons which I've programmed to play various drum sounds (crash, ride, bell-tree, etc.), so it's like having 8 more MultiPads (sort of)!

-Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online