SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388429 - 04/27/14 09:49 AM I NEED A BREAK!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Winter seems to have finally passed in this part of the world - at least we can only hope this is the case. Therefore, despite a very hectic work schedule this year, I intend to spend every day possible on my boat.

Yeah, I know, I'm self employed so people mistakenly believe folks like me can take off anytime we want. Unfortunately, this is never the case. I have contractual agreements with many of my customers, thus there are times when I've been fortunate to get one day a week off. On those days, during the winter months, I'm usually here in the office/studio working on new songs, doing paperwork, book keeping, setting up advertising etc..., all the things associated with running a business. Because the past winter has been long, wet, cold and just plain nasty, virtually nothing has been done on the boat. Those hours have been spent sitting in front of this damned monitor, reading and commenting on various topics on this and other forums.

Well, my time on the Internet and the forums will be very, very limited from this point on until winter. While I've learned a lot from many people here, met some of them in person and overall, had an enjoyable stay this winter, I find I'm spending way too much time here.

So while I'm gone, which will be much of the entire summer and fall, anyone that wishes to reach me can just send me an email to travlin_easy@verizon.net.

Have a good summer everyone,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388430 - 04/27/14 09:55 AM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary having a bad day? eek2

#388431 - 04/27/14 10:06 AM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Sounds more like a bad winter has caught up with our friend frown ...
You gotta stick around at least a little, Gary, even if just to keep prodding people about attending the summer JAM ...

rocker

#388433 - 04/27/14 11:09 AM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I took a bit of time away from the forum a while ago...I still looked in now and again, but I made myself refrain from logging in/posting.

It really changed things for me, Gary...when I finally got back to posting, it was at a frequency far less than before the break, and even with all the extra time since retiring, I still post way less often than I used to.

I find I enjoy the forum much better, I don't get involved in any "frivolous contests of urinary distance supremacy", and I still continue to learn from the other SZ'ers as I did in the past.

I came to realize I have other musical interests that bear more attention, especially doing some recording, and just plain old listening to all kinds of music to keep the creative batteries charged up.

I hope you don't stay away too much, as your input will be sorely missed, but I can identify quite a bit with your need for a break.

Ian

#388437 - 04/27/14 02:01 PM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
You old fart, does that mean you're gonna quit sending me jokes too, Damnit?

#388511 - 05/01/14 08:40 AM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo, it means I'm gonna take a break and take life one day at a time, but I'll still keep in touch with most everyone by either email or telephone.

I'm still way too booked, and that will all be changing soon as well. Life's too damned short to work 7 days a week all your life. A couple days ago, I stopped on the way home from a job to check on my boat, a good friend there offered me some Polish beer, we tilted a few and the day seemed so much better.

Bottom's up,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (05/01/14 08:41 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388513 - 05/01/14 11:57 AM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Is that his hand on your leg? You'd better stop wearing those flashy clothes!

#388546 - 05/02/14 12:00 PM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: DonM]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Is that his hand on your leg? You'd better stop wearing those flashy clothes!

lol

#388549 - 05/02/14 01:09 PM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

look close its garys hand ....

#388551 - 05/02/14 02:35 PM Re: I NEED A BREAK! [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
look close its garys hand ....

But where's the fun in that?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry