SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388367 - 04/26/14 07:01 AM Windows (pro) tablets best for music making
Bachus Offline

There are a few simple reason as to why windows tablets are much much more suited for making music then android or Apple tablets..

1) all professional music software is written for windows (or mac osx, but that does not support touchscreens)
2) tablets do only allow one active app at a time (front) apps in the background are on hold by default. But windows pro allows full multi threading and multitasking, which results on windows allowing the software to interact with eachother.. Or even sharing the screen.
3) windows tablets natively support all the needed interfaces.
4) windows tablets come in larger sizes.

If you want to use your tablet for professional music making, windows 8.1 is currently the way to go..

So far after extensively testing both Ipad and windows tablets (not the rt tablets, because they suffer the same problems as the apple and android tablets) i think choosing anything different then windows 8.1 pro gives you nothing more but an extpensive toy ( with music apps) , a good music reader and an MP3 player... While windows gives you all the proffesional options.

Please feel free to discuss..

Edited by Bachus (04/26/14 07:02 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#388377 - 04/26/14 08:08 AM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
There are a few simple reason as to why windows tablets are much much more suited for making music then android or Apple tablets..

1) all professional music software is written for windows (or mac osx, but that does not support touchscreens)
2) tablets do only allow one active app at a time (front) apps in the background are on hold by default. But windows pro allows full multi threading and multitasking, which results on windows allowing the software to interact with eachother.. Or even sharing the screen.
3) windows tablets natively support all the needed interfaces.
4) windows tablets come in larger sizes.

If you want to use your tablet for professional music making, windows 8.1 is currently the way to go..

So far after extensively testing both Ipad and windows tablets (not the rt tablets, because they suffer the same problems as the apple and android tablets) i think choosing anything different then windows 8.1 pro gives you nothing more but an expensive toy ( with music apps) , a good music reader and an MP3 player... While windows gives you all the professional options.
Please feel free to discuss..

I agree now and slowly after much demoing and testing am finding all this out as you stated above.

#388387 - 04/26/14 10:41 AM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Please give some specific recommended tablets and some apps they will run as discussed above.
Bernie

#388391 - 04/26/14 11:49 AM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Online   content

How about the Dell Venue 8" Pro ?

#388400 - 04/26/14 01:16 PM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
How about the Dell Venue 8" Pro ?

be careful Bernie display could be too small to see things lyrics, music, ...I'd go 10"-13" etc..

#388402 - 04/26/14 02:26 PM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have a couple netbook PCs - very lightweight, they do everything my desktop PC does, they're inexpensive and very fast. I cannot think of a reason to use anything else, but old feeble guys like me are easily satisfied. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388404 - 04/26/14 02:39 PM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
And they can run vArranger smile
The dell venue 8 pro has one problem, as well as all other cheap windows tablet : they have only one micro usb port that can be used to plug a USB device OR the power supply. You can't get the 2 together frown

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#388405 - 04/26/14 03:03 PM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow, I have 4 standard USB 2.0 ports on my Acer Aspire One.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388422 - 04/27/14 03:01 AM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Thanks Dan, I would have missed that.

#388423 - 04/27/14 03:06 AM Re: Windows (pro) tablets best for music making [Re: Bachus]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Could not agree more...

Tablets are for "content consumers"; not "content producers"...

Regards
Jørgen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online