SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#383704 - 02/04/14 02:46 AM Free Piano samples for Korg PA1X, PA2X and PA800
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Recently I got a mail from Luigi in Italia who is putting at everyone's disposal some worthwhile simple piano samples and sounds. Here is what he says about them:

"... I recently re-programmed a piano multisample with two levels of dynamics responding also to the filter for my Korg PA1X. The hammer sounds have been added from the internal samples. All in all we are talking only 20Mb. Hence it can be used in most PA models , in particular the PA1X, PA2X and PA800...."

I have given his efforts a try and I must say considering all the limitations of my PA800 sample memory, it is definitely a set worth trying imho.
Here is a link to a demo of his efforts:
http://www.supportimusicali.it/lab/demo/demo.asp?lfid=1150&l=Korg+Pa+1+

and here is the link where to download the zipfile:
http://kiwi6.com/file/o645cdbkhr
(select download file 15Mb in left-hand bottom corner)

regards,
John

#383706 - 02/04/14 06:06 AM Re: Free Piano samples for Korg PA1X, PA2X and PA800 [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

20 MB can be enough for a quite good piano. The Yamaha factory pianos in the Motif XF don't have more! I just downloaded the CP1 piano package for the Motif XF, it is better than the on-board pianos. I checked how much data the main waveform group takes (including 5 dynamic layers plus key-off sample): it is about 60 MB. Nowhere near The Kronos with its 2 GB piano, but nevertheless sounding excellent!

#383779 - 02/04/14 01:35 PM Re: Free Piano samples for Korg PA1X, PA2X and PA800 [Re: john smies]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's a really nice sample ! But I have the xpro data golden entertainer expansion board and there is really no more memory left for this one sample. If you have any suggestions of how I can incorporate it then I am all ears

#383964 - 02/06/14 03:30 PM Re: Free Piano samples for Korg PA1X, PA2X and PA800 [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

The timbre of the great Korg German piano is well captured, similar to the Krome/Kronos German piano. However there seems to be a limitation playing really soft, and a problem with the decay / sustained sounds.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online