SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#381398 - 01/14/14 04:14 PM Quick discussion ....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've always wondered ... who really uses samples in their keyboards? I mean CUSTOM made, by you or friends. I never had the need, or desire to try and replicate what the manufacturers do so well. Is there a certain part of the world or ethic background that finds this feature a necessity? What are the common samples that the manufacturers have left out?
Curious minds want to know!
Peace.

#381405 - 01/14/14 05:18 PM Re: Quick discussion .... [Re: Uncle Dave]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I only use a samplers my to trigger sound FX. For example... I sequenced the song in Jesus Christ Superstar with the 39 lashes. I didn't have a whip sound. So I sampled the pullback of the whip and assigned it to 5 notes.... In order to get different pitches. Then I sampled the crack of the whip the same way. Then I recorded the whip into the sequence.

Oh, I also ueed a baby cry in "Into The Woods."

Otherwise, I never use it. Plus, it can be done more efficiently in a computer DAW nowadays!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#381406 - 01/14/14 05:33 PM Re: Quick discussion .... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm using electric guitar samples in my PA3X. Got 'em from "King Korg" on Youtube. They are excellent. Better than anything in the factory stuff.

#381414 - 01/14/14 05:57 PM Re: Quick discussion .... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Good to know. When I need audio FX for a musical - I use my ipad ... it's too easy to set it up and trigger as I need it. My audio engineer handles it, usually, cuz he's following the script anyway. I can't tie up my hands or keys for sound effects when I'm in the pit.

#381446 - 01/15/14 12:06 PM Re: Quick discussion .... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't use samples on the gig... the BK-9 has pretty much got everything covered. But in the studio, sky's the limit.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online