SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#377634 - 12/09/13 04:46 PM This demo is why I'm getting a T5
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
For my style of music/playing...this demo really hits home. I think the T5 finally hits the mark for me. I will add a 2nd lower keyboard and 13 note pedalboard as well. I need to sell a few things, then I will call frank and order it. (I am basing my decision on many other factors/demos too, but this sold me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SqcmgFll_4
Lee

#377637 - 12/09/13 06:12 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: leeboy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
So Lee,
Are you into movie, broadway, stage production etc? Or do you enjoy playing show music at home. I'm just wondering about what type of venue that would warrant this style of music. It's very nice.

I do a couple of tunes with a similar "Singing In The Rain" style. It works nice with "Just The Way You Look Tonight." Let us know would ya?

#377638 - 12/09/13 06:22 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: leeboy]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I love this type of music myself but usually only play it for personal enjoyment or close family and friends. Many of the styles used in the demo come from earlier Tyros models. I love how they have evolved and use the Tyros 5 sound engine. They all sound so much better. The Animation Fantasy style is one of my favorites. I use it to play Looney Tunes and other Warner Brothers cartoons songs.

The more demos I watch of Tyros 5 the more I realize that I personally am going to just love this board. I feel like Yamaha designed it more for me than for a more serious musician. Can't wait for its delivery. -charley

#377639 - 12/09/13 06:27 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: rattley]
chasbee Offline

Loc: Bristol UK.
Impressive and versatile demo. Is everything on this demo played live and straight out of the box?

#377640 - 12/09/13 07:33 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: chasbee]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: chasbee
Impressive and versatile demo. Is everything on this demo played live and straight out of the box?

It appears that at least half of the demo styles are pretty much the same as the Tyros 4 in this genre, but probably some minor differences in the intros and other voice parts.

From the ones I recognize from the Tyros 4, it would be safe to say the demos were played live, but many sections were the intros to the styles. I too enjoy and play many styles in this category and look forward to the new Tyros 5 styles and improvements.

Marcus

#377641 - 12/09/13 08:13 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: Marcus]
chasbee Offline

Loc: Bristol UK.
Thanks Marcus.

#377643 - 12/09/13 10:28 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: leeboy]
Tony Hughes Offline

T5 is the future no other manufacture will get near to it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#377647 - 12/09/13 11:34 PM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
T5 is the future no other manufacture will get near to it.

It depends on what you are looking for...

I think Korg with its kronos, that is modular and has sevral different engines is quite some steps ahead of Yamaha in that department. They could easilly bring that stellar sound quuallity to arrangers add an extra engine for Brass and Wood and still be cheeper then Tyros..

But then who wants total controll over his sound?

But for OOTB playabillity for most hoby musicians and people that want to make music that just sounds like the orriginal, T5 is the way to go.

Edited by Bachus (12/09/13 11:35 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377691 - 12/10/13 10:18 AM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: Bachus]
DannyUK Offline

Really nice demo, Yamaha continue to create great sounding keyboards and the T5 is just the next one in a long line of them.

#377700 - 12/10/13 11:24 AM Re: This demo is why I'm getting a T5 [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo

I do a couple of tunes with a similar "Singing In The Rain" style. It works nice with "Just The Way You Look Tonight." Let us know would ya?

boo ... not looking to start a 'debate' here, but please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that you - as a lover of jazz, and I would think songs from the "Great American Songbook - are NOT using that "Tap Dance" style with the Sinatra classic "The Way You Look Tonight" !!! ... it is one of my favorite songs, and my wife and my 'first dance' at our wedding 50 years ago, which I perform with a medium swing, jazz brush, or even a nice bossa nova style ... but IMHO the "Tap Dance" style just does not go with that song ... just sayin'
dance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online