SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372040 - 09/16/13 09:31 PM Gilda ... "Don't you just HATE it when ..."
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... There's a little sweat ball ... (enough of that)

So - today's point - I am IN LOVE with the PA900. I have come to grips with everything but the output volume of the media player, and that can be addressed with some tweaks in an audio program or a midi editor.

The last two weeks, I've been playing my summer spot in a sort of "extended" season thingee, so I scaled back of a few things to make the load-in/load-out faster, since I'm in school now and have to make that 90 mile drive each day.

I stopped bringing the guitar, no more light show and no more iPad. Just the PA900 into the Bose compact, and LEMME TELL YA -

With fewer distractions, and the extra time on the keys - I am remembering things I forgot YEARS ago. My dancers are thrilled, the club has booked me indefinitely for summers, and I've never been happier with my overall sound. When I add the "fluff" I like it even better! (the fluff is the TC VLT2 harmonizer and the Bose tone match mixer, guitar and ipad)

I really have had some amazing reactions the past 2 weeks - more than I expected. I guess I was so involved with GEAR that I overlooked some performance aspects of my show. Now that I'm friends with the mic cable (thanx for the loan, Fran!) I'm very cozy with the most basic of setups .... and the load-in is a breeze. Whew - what a crazy time this summer has been. I was SO FRUSTRATED with the mic issues a month or so ago, but now, I can breath easy. Ahhhhhh

Moral of the story - DO WHAT YOU DO BEST. When I stopped thinking about the tools, the work improved. I've always had top notch gear, but I admit - I got a little lost in the pursuit this time. I'm set, at least for now. If Korg puts the top line harmonizer, XLR jack, and separate outputs in a box WITH SPEAKERS ... then, I'll upgrade, but for now - there is nothing out there that can make me happier than what I got!

(man, I hardly EVER say that!)
smile

#372051 - 09/17/13 11:50 AM Re: Gilda ... "Don't you just HATE it when ..." [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Dave good luck with this rig,....
till the next one keep givin them hell out there !

#372053 - 09/17/13 12:12 PM Re: Gilda ... "Don't you just HATE it when ..." [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Congrats, Dave. There is something so wonderfully satisfying when you have a keyboard that does everything you need.

The Tyros4 does it for me...I have no desire for anything else. I'm just concentrating on playing it and making music...nothing else. Pure enjoyment.

Of course, I'll always be tweaking it, but that's part of the joy of the arranger.

Hopefully the PA-900 continues to please and you'll be settled for quite some time.

Ian

#372121 - 09/19/13 04:58 AM Re: Gilda ... "Don't you just HATE it when ..." [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow .... it's quiet when I'm happy!
smile
Feels good, though.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online