This newest Yamaha 25lb 88 hammer weighted keyboard just arrived at my store Friday and I'll tell you about it!
First, it's the first Yamaha at a $599.00 price point with the acclaimed CFIII Grand Piano uncompressed piano samples. It's also the first at this price point with Split Keyboard and Dual Keyboard modes. It's the first at this price point for Yamaha with 128 note polyphony. It also has 10 drum styles and 10 left hand arpeggio styles. It's also got a USB to host connection for connecting to a computer. There are now more electric pianos, more organs and two really good basses, one being acoustic and one electric.
It weighs approx 26 lbs and has 7watt per side internal speakers.

Comparing it to the P-95 which is the model it replaces you can really hear the difference between the 2 grand pianos, especially at the lower and higher octaves. The P-95 has AWM samples rather than "raw" samples on the CFIII.

I really am happy they now have included 1/4" left and right stereo outputs. This has been a very neglected feature that gigging musicians have been asking for on these lighter, less expensive models.

For those needing to use this new model as a midi controller to use with other keyboards and modules, there is a little box on the market which sells for $179.00 that allows you to use the to host usb port into this box and than there are 2 midi outs and 2 midi ins to attach to other midi products. This box also can be used with iPods, iPads and iPhones to connect usb controllers to apps such as garage band, etc. The box is called "iConnectMidi" and it works great with no switches or programming needed.

I'm sure this new Yamaha P-105 will be well received by anyone needing a portable Grand Piano with these features. The new Privia line available this fall will be the next new products I will be receiving. The Privia with stereo line outs will be selling for $799 and the model without the line outs will be $599.
(Retired 2021)