SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#348785 - 08/09/12 07:25 PM New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA

#348788 - 08/09/12 07:37 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Latin elevator muzak at it's finest smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#348798 - 08/09/12 11:55 PM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: montunoman]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman

I actually like elevator muzak. I have been in elevators and can name the artist and song that is playing. Often I even own the album that the track comes from.

#348808 - 08/10/12 03:06 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Trust me, montunoman, I feel the same way about much of the American music styles in modern arrangers! Watered down, elevator versions of pop and rock and R&B.

Don't feel singled out as a contemporary Latin fan!

It's just the end result of who the arranger is marketed for... home players of limited talent, and 'entertainers' willing to work with a machine rather than other talented musicians. Plus, let's face it, giants make the music in the first place, and lesser mortals make the styles based on those giants. You are always going to lose much in translation!

#348810 - 08/10/12 03:11 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great news, Eric. I have the expansion pack on my T4, so this may be an option for me.

I really enjoy Martin Harris' demos, although they are all unfortunately too short...he is a master at the Tyros4.

I especially liked the octave pianos, and the included new styles are really cool.

Ian

PS...I get to meet up with one of Yamaha's Top Demonstrators, Peter Baartmans in a week or so, and maybe he'll have this particular voice pack with him.

I like his earlier demo of the Tyros4...I just love the Jazz Trumpet patch, one of my favorite sounds on my T4.

#348812 - 08/10/12 03:31 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: montunoman

I actually like elevator muzak. I have been in elevators and can name the artist and song that is playing. Often I even own the album that the track comes from.

LOL...and I thought I was the only one diggin' those tunes.
Also, some of the re-interpretations of popular tunes are very well done and can easily be played on arranger keyboards.

Ian

#348813 - 08/10/12 03:53 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Diki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
It's just the end result of who the arranger is marketed for... home players of limited talent, and 'entertainers' willing to work with a machine rather than other talented musicians. Plus, let's face it, giants make the music in the first place, and lesser mortals make the styles based on those giants. You are always going to lose much in translation!

Careful, careful. You may find yourself banished to the land of the unloved. We may like the truth but not necessarily the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

chas

#348822 - 08/10/12 07:43 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Well! After previous premium sound packs from Yamaha, I have to say this is a big disappointment.

All the sounds are nice and fairly accurate, (Although I noticed that the piano would have been better with a 76 note keyboard) also the styles are nice and gentle, however, Latin music (Fast or slow) is designed to make you feel happy and to get up dancing, but these demos I found to be totally boring, (Almost makes you drop off to sleep) and lacks any form of live Latin feel, so for this pack I am afraid its a thunbs down.

Bill

#348828 - 08/10/12 09:23 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Diki
'entertainers' willing to work with a machine rather than other talented musicians.

Careful, careful. You may find yourself banished to the land of the unloved. We may like the truth but not necessarily the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

chas

C'mon, Diki and chas ... you HAVE to know that that is not TOTALLY true - not the "WHOLE truth" by any means ... there are MANY very talented arranger players who have had successful prior careers playing with other talented musicians and due to the 'trials and tribulations' of trying to do that today, plus the sheer economics of not being able to get a decent price for a band, have just given up that fight and become OMB so they can keep working because this is their livelihood ... I for one would LOVE to be working with a group of musicians, but unfortunately with today's economy etc. that only happens on 'jam' nights ...
If 'settling' for the sounds and styles of arranger KBs is 'selling out' for the sake of putting food on the table, then so be it !!! ...

#348829 - 08/10/12 09:28 AM Re: New Premium Latin Voice Pack for Tyros4 [Re: Eric, B]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hey Tony, you know we only throw that out when we think it's getting too quiet smile smile . We know there are some talented arranger players out there...............somewhere.

smile

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online