SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#347721 - 07/24/12 12:03 PM What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Try this on...

What is the ONE thing (let's keep it simple, and prioritize) that YOUR arranger doesn't have, that another does, and you wished you had it?

Mine of course is predictable... Chord Sequencer! Mind you, Korg's needs work. Why they didn't simply copy Roland I have no idea. Takes them four buttons to do the exact same thing as three on a Roland, and the stupid thing doesn't transpose when you transpose the keyboard!

But that's it. ONE thing....

What's yours?

#347723 - 07/24/12 12:14 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I can't name one thing..I need to name two....yes the chord sequencer of yesteryear...and I would love to have the media playback of the BK5..

#347726 - 07/24/12 12:23 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Audya: I would like to be able to record the vocals separately from the keyboard for balancing later. At the moment its just a one take hard disk recorder (MP3 or WAV).

#347729 - 07/24/12 12:28 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Audya: I would like to be able to record the vocals separately from the keyboard for balancing later. At the moment its just a one take hard disk recorder (MP3 or WAV).

Is that something that another arranger already can do?

#347731 - 07/24/12 12:33 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The ability to use native Roland styles without having to convert them first.

Bill

#347733 - 07/24/12 12:50 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus

Bill

Can anything hardware other than Roland's do that?

I'm shooting for a thread about features that some OTHER arranger can do.

I guess EVERY arranger can play it's OWN style format! But can it import others in THEIRS?

#347734 - 07/24/12 12:56 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Whoops! Misread the question, sorry.

Can’t think of anything else though

Bill

#347738 - 07/24/12 01:25 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: abacus

Bill

Can anything hardware other than Roland's do that?

I'm shooting for a thread about features that some OTHER arranger can do.

I guess EVERY arranger can play it's OWN style format! But can it import others in THEIRS?

The only one I know of was Hammond's XE1 which automatically converted Technics and Ketron Styles - but Hammond were too afraid to advertise the fact!

#347740 - 07/24/12 01:41 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Casio MZ2000 also had a converter for Roland styles..Also Technic styles..Page E-140 in the MZ2000 manual.. smile

Edited by Fran Carango (07/24/12 02:05 PM)

#347742 - 07/24/12 01:45 PM Re: What's the ONE thing your arranger doesn't have? [Re: Diki]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
its not strictly an arranger but i want the karma like function applied to standard arranger styles in a way that can make a style change naturally with subtle variation and orchetsral changes that sound more organic and less like some computer algorithms . it needs to react and respond to the way i play like my tchnics KN1000 that would play different licks depending on how hard i played the keyboard and the complexity of the chords i played
I would buy it in a heart beat.

Edited by spalding1968 (07/24/12 01:48 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online