SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#345962 - 06/22/12 01:02 PM Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here are videos I think people here may appreciate.
They feature the SoCal Keyboard Orchestra in Southern California,
a group of older seniors performing together on Tyros 4 keyboards, and directed by Marco Mendez, featuring him on piano as well.
The performance doesn't utilize Tyros 4 auto accompaniment, but showcases the awesome Tyros 4 orchestral sounds.

My Heart Will Go On (From Titanic):

Granada:

2001 Space Odyssey Theme Song:

#345964 - 06/22/12 02:28 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Scottyee]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
One Word. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott tell us how and where did you find this. It's real neat.

#345965 - 06/22/12 02:29 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Scottyee]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

That was a great find. I used to work with Marco for a number of years. Great guy. He's one talented guy. He was one of the contestants for the Tyros 4 give-away.

http://www.mendezmusicstudios.com/Biographies.html

Edited by Scott Langholff (06/22/12 02:36 PM)

#345968 - 06/22/12 03:46 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Scott Langholff]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, beautiful thank you. The videos certainly show another side to the fantastic Tyros 4. It has to be rewarding for the people playing. This is serious type of music, I love it.

John C.

#345971 - 06/22/12 04:35 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Scottyee]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Fantastic! I'm not a senior but I think it would be fun to play in a keyboard ensemble. I wonder if there are published parts available?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#345973 - 06/22/12 04:59 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Incredible!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345976 - 06/22/12 08:22 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: brickboo]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: brickboo

Scott tell us how and where did you find this. It's real neat.

Hi Boo,
All I did was perform a search on YouTube of recent "Tyros 4" videos. Voila! keys

On another topic . . .
Thanks for recently bringing up the classic V. Duke jazz standard, I Can't Get Started.
Its been awhile, but I sat down at my Steinway Piano today and played it again. Classic I-vi-ii-V7 changes. Sweet. cool2
Wow! I was surprised to discover I still have this tune including ALL the right changes memorized. cool
For anyone else interested, here's the Real Book chart:
I Can't Get Started, by Vernon Duke

Boo, I remember those great jazz music discussions we had on the phone way back when.
I suppose I need get back into playing more jazz again, but have admittedly become too lazy to work with a live jazz combo since college days, esp since I've discovered arranger keyboards and do combo gigs on my own, though I'm first to admit it's NOTHING like playing with live experienced jazz musicians. I do miss that.

#345977 - 06/22/12 09:40 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Scottyee]
brickboo Offline

Scott,
Dig this!!! It's Katy Couric with a Steve Tyrell interview on the "Today Show" and then he sings "Witchcraft."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=71x-k4NO51o

If you want to, email me your home address and I'll send you a CD with maybe 20 plus tunes that sound at least this good if not better by Steve Tyrell.

He has "I Can't Get Started" on YouTube live, but it's a different group from his recording that I have. The CD's sound is much better than the live recording on YouTube and the licks are are better on the CD too. The turn arounds are different than the Fakebook and you might even like the chords even better than the Fakebook.
Let me know,
Boo

PS Sonny and I talk every now and again. He plays better every time I hear him. I don't think he's ever had a day job either. He might be as lazy as DonM, but I'd bet money he's not lazier.

#345978 - 06/22/12 10:38 PM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: brickboo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Well well well, you young pups eat your hearts out many a good tune play on an old T4, could you get that many Ketron Audya in one place at one time, hell I doubt if the building structure would stand it, there isn't that many in the whole of the USA, are you up for a set up like this Bernie9. Just goes to show us old gits can still perform. Nice find from the come back kid Scott, what was the message here Scott. Like the old girls outfits all match. Hell this made my day, this is what SZ s all about, luv it to bits...heeeee rocker

Looks like this old folks home go its own entertainment, in house guitar organ drums keys party

#345982 - 06/23/12 08:32 AM Re: Tyros 4 Seniors Keyboard Orchestra of S.California [Re: Tony Hughes]
brickboo Offline

DonM,

Don't even look at the link Scott posted here for "I Can't Get Started." Before you know it you'll be trying to sneak that Bm7 in before the E7 and it might work on a few country tunes. But then you'll lose gigs, and you'll have to start a Bass Fishing out-fit or start practicing to be a Pro-Golfer for a living. However, you could starve to death like the rest of us Jazzers. But just think, then you'd know 5 chords. Ha ha!

I love ya man!!! You're the only member here in my humble opinion that is funnier than I am and just as obnoxious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online