SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345930 - 06/21/12 08:41 AM For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Nigel,
Now after 10 or so years, I decided to search for and read the explanation and purpose of why the Synth Zone exists. I also read the FAQ. I offer my apologies to you the Host of this Forum of many fine friends I‘ve made over the years.

This is not meant to be a sarcastic explanation, I assure everyone. This is a factual statement. I invite everyone to do the same research that I just finished doing.

I must admit that there is not one statement that I could find pertaining to Synth Zone as being a musical education site. It has exhaustive information of learning about Synths and software for music in general, which I understand as being any type of electronically computerized musical instrument. This stands to reason, because Nigel is into this type of environment being a Gaming Programmer and after all it is his investment.

Thus it seems that myself and others were misinformed because of our own neglect in not educating ourselves of the purpose of Synth Zone and it‘s many Forums.

Nigel, I think it would be advantageous to add a post to the others you’ve made at the top of the Keyboard Arranger Forum concerning what this Forum is about. Make it stand out particularly that this is not a forum for musical education, but of gear only. I am sure that the interested members could email Russ or Scott concerning chord theory and such.

I personally request that you (Nigel) please remove my post as I think that we are no longer able to remove them ourselves. If it is possible for me to remove my post would someone please tell me how to do so. I would appreciate it.

Again my apologies. I did not go on and on with the intent of deliberately offending anyone. My digs were to help lighten up my expression. That is why I use the silly (Ha ha!) often.
Regards,
Boo

#345932 - 06/21/12 09:01 AM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: brickboo]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Boo, I would think that posts related to improving musicianship would not bother Nigel. After all, look at the content of the posts for the last 10 years. We share a lot, and I think that an occasional discussion about passing chords fits right in.

For instance, when Scotty went on his "rootless chords" journey, part of the discussion had to do with which models of boards were programmed to handle rootless chords and how they did it.

That's a little theory mixed with board capability.

Players of all levels are naturally going to talk about:

* Equipment
* Music (performing, playing)
* Their love lives LOL

I think that the previous discussion, handled the way it was
actually helped the cause (whatever THAT is).

Let's see what Nigel has to say.

Be well,

Russ

#345944 - 06/21/12 01:52 PM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, go shovel some snow and quit worrying so much. Nobody cares what you say anyway. None of that stuff applies to me anyway; I already know all four chords.
smile
DonM

#345945 - 06/21/12 02:04 PM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Boo, go shovel some snow and quit worrying so much. Nobody cares what you say anyway. None of that stuff applies to me anyway; I already know all four chords.
smile
DonM

You know four? Damned, I knew there was at least one more somewhere. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345946 - 06/21/12 03:39 PM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: brickboo]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Boo....
You are too lovable for anyone to be mad at. (I heard you thought I was mad at you -- NOT TRUE).

As far as I'm concerned you can say anything you want here....even if it is educational.
smile
Eddie

#345949 - 06/21/12 08:38 PM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: btweengigs
Boo....
You are too lovable for anyone to be mad at. (I heard you thought I was mad at you -- NOT TRUE).

As far as I'm concerned you can say anything you want here....even if it is educational.
smile
Eddie

lol Eddie is that your HS graduation picture..... grin

#345952 - 06/21/12 11:17 PM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hi Boo,
You crack me up lol. While Synth Zone was created as a music gear oriented website, what you guys want the forums to be is completely up to you. I welcome any music education discussion because that is invaluable info for all musicians including me. Please go ahead and discuss music theory because I welcome that sort of discussion. It helps us all.

And I won't remove any of your posts because I value them and want them to stay.

Nigel

#345957 - 06/22/12 05:48 AM Re: For Nigel Spencer, Russ, Scott and others! [Re: Nigel]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo, remember what I told you. We'll play the good stuff and leave that country stuff to Don and his buddies. Gary, if you send Don an email he might share the secret of the 4th chord with you.

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online