SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#344010 - 04/24/12 06:15 AM News for those interested in Wersi
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Details here and here (Click on the April 2012 press release link)

In other news
The various Wersi forums are indicating that the next update for OAS 7 instruments (OAS7.00.R46) is in the final phase of testing, so hopefully it will not be too long before it is released.

It should include the brand new Drum editor module (Which was delayed from the R45 update due to problems found in Beta testing) which will completely replace the existing module, (Which was first introduced with OAS 5 in 2003, and although updated over time, is really showing its age) and thus bring the Wersi OAS drum section into the 21st century. (It will automatically transfer all existing Factory and User drum kits over to the new format, which will be great news for the many Wersi owners who have created their own user drum kits)

As per usual there will probably be a few other updates as well, but for the time being we will have to wait and see. (Can’t wait myself, as I have always found the current drum module to be way below par, and is why I normally use either Akai or VST drum kits)

NOTE: This refers to the Midi drum kits, NOT the Audio drum kits which really are excellent for giving you a live sound.

Bill

#344016 - 04/24/12 09:37 AM Re: News for those interested in Wersi [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Its got some soic hardware too, this new Wersi Sonic.

Now lets hope its full VST capable, and not maxed out at 4/5 Vst's.

Wersi Sonic..... it sounds new, but then again, its still based on OAS 7. With probably all its shortcommings. Tough its great to hear that there will be a new VST taking care of the base sound engine. Halion Sonic.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online