SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#337988 - 01/29/12 04:06 PM A funny thing happened on my Korg demo trip..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I went to a friend's studio to show the Korg MicroArranger to him...We talked about making a deal...he has a Korg i30, he was thinking of selling...if he could replace it with the Micro Arranger...He midi ups a Korg i30, Korg 01W-r, and a Roland 5080...the controlling keyboard is a Korg PA1x (76)..

First thing noticed..no thru on the Micro..so we routed the midi with the Micro being last in line...

Paul (my friend) has his gear set up as performance patches and does not do program changes on the gig...

It is a complex way to set up, and frankly a G70 is all he really needs smile

I got a chance to listen and play side by side comparisons...There are a few sounds on the i30 that Paul likes better than what he has on the PA1x..namely, vibes, marimbas and EP...He prefers organs on the PA1x, Strings preferred on the O1W and 5080 (Roland)..Bass on 5080..

I did find out that the i30 has 18 mg of sample rom (wave)...compared to 32 mg on the Micro....

I don't know the size of rom on the PA1x, but the Micro sounds just as good through the EV Eliminators...

The funny thing that happened.....I came home with the Micro...and passed on the i30 smile

I told Paul, keep what he is use to... grin

#337995 - 01/29/12 04:23 PM Re: A funny thing happened on my Korg demo trip.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran you'll be happy when your BK5 comes.. wink

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online