SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#337617 - 01/27/12 03:41 AM The Korg Forum Vs SZ
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
I would just like to thank you Guys for all the free entertainment and usful info on this site. The Korg forum is by coparison a little like a miserable morgue these days. All you seem to get is lots of whinging. (As in Poms, Rikki)

BTW Rikki, we should really try to try to get Pete (Karma forever) to come accross, if only to give these Yamaha guys some stick.

Regards

Col

#337626 - 01/27/12 06:28 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: Saswick]
Bachus Offline

Really? I dont think there is much wrong with the Korg Forums. I allways enjoy my stay tehre.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#337631 - 01/27/12 07:05 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: Bachus]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
You can't suit all of the people all of the time

Col

Edited by Saswick (01/27/12 07:05 AM)

#337654 - 01/27/12 08:34 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
I would just like to thank you Guys for all the free entertainment and usful info on this site. The Korg forum is by coparison a little like a miserable morgue these days. All you seem to get is lots of whinging. (As in Poms, Rikki)

BTW Rikki, we should really try to try to get Pete (Karma forever) to come accross, if only to give these Yamaha guys some stick.

Regards

Col

It's funny, Col, but this forum seems to be a little less Yamacentric these days. Sure, some of the rampant and verbose fanboys are still here, but with the new Korgs of late I detect a bit of a shift. After all, it is an Arranger forum with no specified allegiances by management to any one brand. So it's all good.

p.s. I get a chuckle out of Scott's addressing you as Col. Saswick. It's almost as if I have to snap to attention and salute. smile

#337663 - 01/27/12 08:49 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: Saswick]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The Korg forums are a bit on the dull side.

SZ rules!

Ian

#337668 - 01/27/12 09:01 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
So are the Yamaha forums

Edited by FransN (01/27/12 09:01 AM)

#337671 - 01/27/12 09:03 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

SZ rules!

Ian

maybe I need to get a pa3x and post some demos on the KORG site to wake them up?.. dance

#337679 - 01/27/12 09:23 AM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj

SZ rules!

Ian

maybe I need to get a pa3x and post some demos on the KORG site to wake them up?.. dance

It might help a lot, Donny...nobody else posts any demos there...it's like Mother's Day in an orphanage...very dull.

The Yamaha forums like PSR Tutorial, and several of the newer private ones are pretty busy with lots of tunes being posted and much discussion happening.

Ian

#337715 - 01/27/12 01:32 PM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: Saswick]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Col,
a lot of us have all but dropped out. I did something like 800 posts in the 4 years I had my pa800,
doubt I would have posted more than a couple of dozen times since I've had my PA3X & I've had it for at least 6 months now.
To me the driving force behind the forum posts was Rob Sherrat, he kept the place humming.
He was one of the driving forces behind the Korg learning DVD's, which was a non profit project.
The fact that they ended up making a profit, he came up with an amatuer styles creation competition, which ran for a year. They'd never quite gotten round to doing a DVD on style creation, so it ended up a year of exploring korg's style creator. It was great fun. Amazing the amount of users that wanted to learn how to do their own styles or at least be able to edit them. He just had great ideas.
The forum was busy for many years.

I don't think I've ever seen Pete over here on synthzone. He's wanted to catch up, unfortunately we live on other sides of the continent. Just missed out on a couple of occasions where we ended up in the same city, just timing was wrong by a couple of days. Bit strange having to drag my husband along for morning coffee to meet a music buddy. haahaa

I know that term well Col ( whinging pom), not very nice of us Aussies, I apologize, you probably call us worse especially over cricket. haahaa

Originally Posted By: Saswick

Regards

Col

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#337717 - 01/27/12 01:48 PM Re: The Korg Forum Vs SZ [Re: ianmcnll]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

SZ rules!

Ian

It might help a lot, Donny...nobody else posts any demos there...it's like Mother's Day in an orphanage...very dull.

The Yamaha forums like PSR Tutorial, and several of the newer private ones are pretty busy with lots of tunes being posted and much discussion happening.

Ian

Ian, you need to be in the right section on the Korg forums, the Creativity Section. Korg's forums are clearly more oriented towards synths overall, it's not just an arranger forum like here on SZ. People who buy Korgs tend, on the whole, to be synth guys, you know, tweakers. It's whatever turns your crank after all. But, there's some very good talent over there. They might not be playing selections from South Pacific or whatever and it's not for everybody, but there's some quality stuff - got to give them their due. Try here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=b8a142f40f6f78bf93e85bf6aca73700

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online