SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#335836 - 01/11/12 10:25 AM KORG MICRO ARRANGER and its Musical Resources
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi,

First of all let me say it is good to be back here at SZ, thanks Nigel.
Looking back on the last 18 months or so I have been incredibly busy programming different Korg Arrangers as I went from the PA500 to the PA500musikant and then last summer updated to the PA800. For all of these I programmed an extensive set of Musical Resources which were very well received in Korgie land.

With the arrival of the Micro arranger a lot has already been sent about it here, and of course you folks in the USA have the twofold added advantage of being already able to purchase and play one, and at give away prices. Nonetheless I played it for about for years, because I had the PA50 at the time.........
And here are some solid facts:

This micro arranger is a full fledged copy of the PA50sd, with micro keys.
the PA50 had the same sound and style engine as it more expensive counterpart the PA80.
In turn the PA80 had virtually the same sound and style engine as its major counterpart the :PA1X
We are talking early this century.
the PA50sd is still being produced and sold.
Most folks buying one have got a normal sized arranger keyboard, noticably a Tyros,other Yamaha or Roland.
Simply hook up the micro both via MIDI and via AUDIO to your Tyros and you do not even have to bother about the small keys and you have improved amplification into the bargain.
Apart from taking this little arranger out on a fun trip where it will have to perform on its own the wisest connection to make is the one mentioned under point 6
Assuming you have a Tyros, you ideally do not link up the uppers but you do link up the auto accompaniment to your lower half of the Tyros. This will give you a choice by playing the Tyros left hand:
1/ auto accompaniment of the Tyros
2/ auto accompaniment of the Korg

While at the same your right hand know has the choice of FIVE upper sounds, three of which on the righthand side of the Tyros and two on the righthand side of the Korg.....

As I have programmed extensively on the PA50 I will shortly also offer these Musical Resources for the Micro under the same conditions as those that I have made for the PA500 and PA800. You can read all about it and loads of user comments on my webpages, and on page 7 added info about the Resources for the Micro:
http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/
And for those who are not too familiar with the Korg lingo ( and to whom this instrument should be most appealing) a set of Musical Resources entails: all factory styles + user styles+ user sounds + 160 performances. ( performances being what Yamaha calls registrations)

As I played the PA80 and PA50 for more than 4 years I did a lot of (living room ) recordings with it. I have vacated my Youtube page for some of them. Do not forget however that these are very much subjet to personal taste !!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/matseims/videos

kind regards,
John Smies
Holland

#336160 - 01/14/12 07:37 AM Re: KORG MICRO ARRANGER and its Musical Resources [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Great info John....Thank you for your efforts.

Good Luck

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online