SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#335789 - 01/10/12 02:50 PM Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I also ordered a nice affordable soft gig bag with dimensions close to the Micro Arranger size ...
Heavy Duty Keyboard Gig Bag/soft case

I took DNJ's lead and purchased the same case he recommended to me for my micro-Arranger KB and finally got it today. It's very lightweight, well built & includes lots of padding and solid zippers with a dual zippered side pocket to boot, and can be either worn 'across the shoulder' or simply carried 'at your side' with included straps. Though not a perfectly gloved fit, The dimensions still pretty closely match the micro-Arranger dimensions. Having this micro-Arranger setup will certainly open up a lot of new playing opportunities, both casual gigging as well as places to take it to inspire composing music as well as personal music making enjoyment.

I had also considered the Korg MicroBag, but it doesn't have as much padded protection or a dedicated zippered pouch, and it doesn't include a shoulder strap, limiting carrying it to at your side by its hand straps only.

The beauty of the microARRANGER (for me) esp living in a large metro area with a good mass transit system like BART is being able to avoid both the 'Golden Gate' & 'Bay Bridge' bridge 'tolls' and resultant freeway traffic congestion ,as well as exorbitant downtown San Francisco parking fees when I need to go there for work and play. I only live 12 walking min from the nearest BART station, so it should be a breeze to grab & take along this 12-13 lb total (with case) microARranger keyboard setup just about any where.

I believe this ultra lightweight portable all in one arranger is simply 'keeping in step' with the increasing desire for small portable gadgets. smile

Thanks again Donny for recommending this case.

Scott smile

#335791 - 01/10/12 04:24 PM Re: Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Congrats Scott I'm glad you like it......the picture here does not give it justice due the the flash lighting as the gig bag is JET BLACK....

Attachments
case.jpg

Edited by Dnj (01/10/12 04:26 PM)

#335796 - 01/10/12 05:37 PM Re: Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

here's a pic of Dnj's microArranger in the case we both recommend: cool

That said, here's a Warning about buying the other below 'Korg microBag case':

Though it's advertised to fit the Korg microArranger here, it actually won't fit because the micro-Arranger's length is 34.37",
yet the microBag's exterior length is only 27.5".
In fact, a reviewer on Amazon complained about this same Bag not able to accomodate his Korg R3 keyboard either Click here. frown

#335797 - 01/10/12 05:43 PM Re: Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
here's a pic of Dnj's microArranger in the case we both recommend: cool

That said, here's a Warning about buying the other below 'Korg microBag case':

Though it's advertised to fit the Korg microArranger here, it actually won't fit because the micro-Arranger's length is 34.37",
yet the microBag's exterior length is only 27.5".
In fact, a reviewer on Amazon complained about this same Bag not able to accomodate his Korg R3 keyboard either Click here. frown

the Micro arranger is still a new unit ...I would assume KORG will make a nice soft gig bag for it soon also or other manufactures too like Gator, etc,..

#335800 - 01/10/12 06:18 PM Re: Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

the Micro arranger is still a new unit ...I would assume KORG will make a nice soft gig bag for it soon also or other manufactures too like Gator, etc,..

Donny, would you consider ditching the case you got now if a dedicated custom glove fit 'Korg microArranger' logo emblazoned one comes along? grin

#335801 - 01/10/12 06:21 PM Re: Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Donny, would you consider ditching the case you got now if a dedicated custom glove fit 'Korg microArranger' logo emblazoned one comes along? grin

I don't think so Scott... this one is fine.

#335805 - 01/10/12 07:21 PM Re: Got a Case for m Korg micro-ARRANGER Today [Re: Scottyee]
Beakybird Offline

I can't get over how tiny this thing is. It would be perfect for me, with my limited trunk space, as a back up keyboard. Currently, I don't have an emergency keyboard that I bring to gigs. I bring two of everything, but I don't bring two keyboards because I drive a sedan, and I don't have space in the trunk.

However, since it's not high priority, I think I'll wait until the second half of the year to buy one of these because I'm having some economic challenges.

BTW, I'm referring to the keyboard (+ gig bag), not just the gig bag.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online