SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333337 - 11/13/11 04:19 AM Big Sale On Notation Software
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Check it out. I have been using this software for over ten years, and find it great for displaying scrolling lead sheets to play/and or sing over. It is fully editable for making your own arrangements.

http://www.notation.com/Announcement/201...ailSpecial.html

#333405 - 11/14/11 11:47 PM Re: Big Sale On Notation Software [Re: Bernie9]
Sean P Offline

Thank you for the post. Based on the link that you have provided, there are two Notation software programs: (1) Notation Musician and (2) Notation Composer.

Which one do you have? Is it easy for a newbie to use that Notation program?

Could you please let us know the pros and cons of your Notation software program?

Thank you.

#333411 - 11/15/11 04:36 AM Re: Big Sale On Notation Software [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The Musician does not have all of the editing and creating tools that Composer has, but if you don't need create your own arrangements from scratch, or add repeats,etc., it will do all you need. You can always uprade quite cheaply if you need more. OOH, Composer is so cheap, what have you to lose.

Speaking only for myself, I use Composer to quickly add lyrics to midi files to play and sing over from lead sheets created. I also create piano parts for my pianist at church, as well as lead sheets for me. Everything prints out as well as scrolls on a pc.

I am not a software person and wanted something without a huge learning curve. There is all kinds of help at the Website, including a forum.

Compare Musician and Composer to see what best fits your needs.

http://www.notation.com/NotationMusician.php

#333425 - 11/15/11 08:14 AM Re: Big Sale On Notation Software [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My musical project partner and I have been using Notation Composer for about a year ... simply put, it is great - AND easy to use ...

#333454 - 11/16/11 02:29 AM Re: Big Sale On Notation Software [Re: Bernie9]
Sean P Offline

Bernie,
Thank you for your detailed response

Tony,
Thank you for your feedback

Based on the comments from both of you, I am going to buy the Notation Composer.

Once again, thank you kindly.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online