SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#332848 - 10/24/11 10:01 AM Extended warranty through credit card
Beakybird Offline

I just received a $130 check from MasterCard for the repair of one of my PSR-S910's. The headphone output and audio input were not working. I brought the keyboard in 3 days before its second birthday.

Earlier in the year I received a check for $105 for the repair of my other S910's pitch bend wheel, and before that $59 for an intermittent problem with the mic input.

Two and a half years ago, I received a check for $350 for the repair of one of my S900s that needed an expensive part.

I highly recommend purchasing your gear with a major credit card, and if it fails after the warranty is up, look into the extended warranty service offered by your credit card.

#332851 - 10/24/11 10:33 AM Re: Extended warranty through credit card [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

At this rate Beaky, you buy enough faulty KBs you will be able to afford to buy a good one, well maybe.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332853 - 10/24/11 11:57 AM Re: Extended warranty through credit card [Re: Tony Hughes]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I do not believe in Extended warranties with or without a credit card.
There is a possibility that you may suffer a loss like Beakybird but the odds are in favor of you not having a problem. If this were not true someone would have to explain to me why they push Extended Warranties with just about every product they sell. Since I have never purchased an Extended Warranty I can afford to lose on my next deal and be far ahead of the game.

Personally, I resent a sales person telling me I should purchase coverage in case my purchase goes bad. Am I really buying a product that may go bad after one or two years? Should I have no faith in the product I am buying? If I had that mentality I would probably get rid of my Kn7000 immediately.

The truth is that insurance companies make piles of money making a customer feel insecure about to new item they are purchasing. My wife and I were looking to buy a used two-year-old car; the car had 18,000 miles left on the warranty and 82,00 miles left on the major parts. And--- the salesperson was trying to sell me an Extended Warranty to cover the car after all the other warranties were over. I thought to myself; does this guy know I am 80 years old.

John C. –With an opinion.

#332854 - 10/24/11 12:16 PM Re: Extended warranty through credit card [Re: bruno123]
Beakybird Offline

The extended warranty I'm referring to is free. It is a courtesy insurance that comes with many major credit cards. Call your credit card company to find out about it.

#332855 - 10/24/11 12:20 PM Re: Extended warranty through credit card [Re: Tony Hughes]
Beakybird Offline

I wish I could afford two Tyros 4s.

I do quite a few performances, and the S910 was probably not made for such frequent use. Three minor repairs on two keyboards in two years is not that bad, but I would be the first to admit that the S910 is not built like a tank.

#332856 - 10/24/11 12:21 PM Re: Extended warranty through credit card [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

I don't think it the same credit cards in the UK, I am like you John, I will not buy insurance, electronic save for a few KBs is pretty good now and anything I buy now will perhaps see me out. It not just the insurance companies that make money its the people selling them.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online