SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#329389 - 07/24/11 06:09 PM Virtual DJ software?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Hi folks,
I know that some of you play .mp3s as well as keys on your gigs. My cousin isn't a pro, but he has a huge collection of electronic music and is interested in buying a virtual DJ software to listen, create playlists, etc. for personal use. He wants software that is 100% virtual, not a hardware add-on. Right now he is looking at Virtual DJ and Traktor 3. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Which would you choose, what are the pros and cons?
Thanks,
Ted

#329392 - 07/24/11 07:36 PM Re: Virtual DJ software? [Re: TedS]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've used both of those products, but I have settled on DEX from PCDJ. The difference for me is playlist management and having 4 decks to mix from. My style of mixing works better with DEX than the other software which is why your cousin should really do a try/buy of some products to see what fits his style the best. I have since added a hardware MIDI controller to control DEX so I can do hardware mixing with DEX.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#329473 - 07/25/11 07:23 PM Re: Virtual DJ software? [Re: TedS]
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I've heard great stuff about virtual DJ

#329486 - 07/26/11 05:21 AM Re: Virtual DJ software? [Re: TedS]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've used Mixxx http://www.mixxx.org/ which is freeware and does a very reasonable job when exercised using my (limited) DJ abilities.

However - it deosn't play WMA files.

I'm running it on a netbook (Atom 450) and it just about works if I use the "AISO for All" drivers which bypass a lot of the windows driver system. If I run it using the standard windows drivers then audio performance suffers, you get audible clicks whenever things get stressed. Any of the dual core processors should be fine (although may the dual code Atoms might still struggle a bit).

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online