SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#328084 - 07/04/11 05:37 PM Here is one reason I am getting a T4
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, I have been evaluating for a while now....Have not played or heard a PA3 LIVE yet...but,
This is one reason I am going for the T4...
Use good speakers, turn it up LOUD and just listen to the different orchestral voices etc...the clarity, the fact that you can pick out individual instruments...and they sound right together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqFE1sluxI&feature=fvwrel

#328085 - 07/04/11 06:10 PM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Lee

Glad to see you make the move. I thought all along as I watched your checking things out that this would be the best way for you. Knowing the kind of music you enjoy and how you like rich, natural acoustic sounds this is going to make you a happy camper.

Couple that with the easy to operate OS, all of the support sites, software, and thousands of styles I'm certain you will love it.

The sound to me coming from a T2 is a very worthwile move. A major improvement to say the least.

I look forward to your review after you get it.

Scott

Edited by Scott Langholff (07/04/11 06:11 PM)

#328105 - 07/05/11 06:51 AM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

What...only one comment as to the T4 used in an instrumental venue????

#328110 - 07/05/11 08:03 AM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No argument from me, Lee. I loved what I heard, both live and on the Intenet demos. When I stop shelling out money for the sailboat, a new T4, or whatever follows in its footsteps, will be in my office. Unfortunately, I'm too damned old to be packing heavier and bulkier gear around anymore, but I really loved the wonderful blend of sounds provided by the T4.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#328136 - 07/05/11 03:17 PM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Gary...you nailed it...BLEND of SOUNDS.
I guess it may be the samples/programming and STS's that do exactly as you say.
In my example above...that is exactly what I hear.... a beautiful blend AND you can still hear individual instruments nicely.
I attend the Symphony regularly as I have season tickets and I know what an Orchestra sounds like....nicely blended, BUT you can still hear, very clearly, each instrument or group.
That's what I like.
Unfortuneltly..I have to give up MANY true PRO features in the OS to get that sound...but...everything I really need is in the Yamaha OS....it just ticks me that they refuse to add some stuff we ask for and we need as well to extend it's capabilities. But, this time it is the sound I am deciding on, not flexibility.

#328140 - 07/05/11 03:27 PM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lee,
so you've definately made up your mind??
Good for you.
I'm still dithering.
Got to see one breifly when we went down to Melbourne (500 miles away) unfortunately couldn't fit it in the convertible, would have had to leave hubby & the pets behind haahaa
They won out ( not by much) haahaa

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#328154 - 07/05/11 06:16 PM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Leeboy, many of us T4 owners have been listening to those amazing voices for months now. There is no use trying to convince someone else how amazing they are. You just have to spend some quality time with one yourself.

One of my favorite things in the whole world is getting up on a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and sitting down on the Tyros 4 and running through a setlist. And then playing songs that I like.

Go out and try it yourself. You have to make up your own mind, no one is going to convince you.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#328156 - 07/05/11 08:03 PM Re: Here is one reason I am getting a T4 [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Al, and everyone....
Yes....and thanks for the comments.
Well I guess I was really taken by the sounds in this particular piece and just wanted to share it...and say it was one reason I am leaning that way.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online