SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#326216 - 06/09/11 09:55 AM Anyone else having trouble with UPS?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I shipped my perfect condition Roland Fantom G6 to an Ebay buyer on 5/6/11 and UPS claims they LOST the package. I opened a case, filed a claim, but haven't received the insurance proceeds as yet and it's over a month.

Anyone else having issues with these idiots? Should I start using FedEX? Are they any better? Any other alternatives?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#326218 - 06/09/11 10:06 AM Re: Anyone else having trouble with UPS? [Re: kbrkr]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Lots of people have problems with UPS; I don't. I recently shipped a valuable Guild guitar, another guitar to Donny and back, had Don ship a g-70 and other stuff...all on-time with no damage.

I've been using UPS to ship business related materials..several thousands of dollars worth a month, since 1988, without a single problem.

Others will tell you differently, but that's my experience. All of our shipping goes to UPS.

Good luck with your claim.

Russ

#326225 - 06/09/11 12:06 PM Re: Anyone else having trouble with UPS? [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

No problems as Russ stated above...but as just prefer FEDEX 95% of the time.

btw what did the tracking reveal as to when it was lost en-route?...where was the last tracking?

#326263 - 06/10/11 04:08 AM Re: Anyone else having trouble with UPS? [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
it was shipped from Tampa and the last tracking location was an Arrival Scan in Jacksonville. That's where it ended. It en-route to Lumberton, NC.

My bet is that the UPS gorillas destroyed the box and just marked it as LOST.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#326268 - 06/10/11 06:05 AM Re: Anyone else having trouble with UPS? [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Or possibly it was stolen?

#326270 - 06/10/11 06:14 AM Re: Anyone else having trouble with UPS? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I stopped using UPS several years ago. For one thing I have found FedEx to be faster and cheaper. I have shipped 4 keyboards to buyers and in every case the FedEx fees were as much as 30% cheaper and delivery times faster. When I order from dealers I request FedEx shipping. FedEx also delivers on Saturday and UPS does not.

Deane

#326276 - 06/10/11 08:23 AM Re: Anyone else having trouble with UPS? [Re: kbrkr]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Never a problem with UPS. When packing and sending valuable merchandise, I use a UPS Store. They have professionally packed keyboards and other instruments for me, and were sent quickly, never lost, and delivered undamaged. It may cost a few bucks more, but it makes me feel a little more at ease knowing the merchandised was packed by a pro.

It's certainly unsatisfactory that they haven't responded to your claim, but I heard FedEx is also slow in tracking down 'lost' items. The tracking # will be able to pinpoint where it was last handled, and that should help in finding out what the heck happened. They have no excuses or recourse, but to pay your claim.

I wonder what happens if someone files a claim, and is awarded the insurance money, and later the package is recovered, undamaged. What happens to the recovered package, and does the sender keep the insurance claim money?

Anyway, Good Luck, hope it's settled soon.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online