SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324190 - 05/14/11 06:20 PM Hooked on Show Tunes?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK - here's a blast from 1973 when I did South Pacific in high school! Picture it ..... "A hundred and one, pounds of fun ..."
Yikes! More like 301 these days!
frown

Attachments
101 lbs of fun!.jpg

#324205 - 05/14/11 08:49 PM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Dave would love to hear you do Robert Cuccioli "This Is The Moment" .....from Jekyl & Hyde on Broadway

I get chills every time I hear it AWESOME!

Edited by Dnj (05/14/11 08:53 PM)

#324209 - 05/14/11 09:06 PM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny, that's your all time favorite - I'd never do that in front of you! Some guys I know feel the same way about "My way".
I do love that song, but I'm really not that well suited to that style. I'm a straight baritone, all the way ... anything above an Eb makes me work too hard. If all the planets align, and the syllables are right, I can hit the high "G" in Piano Man, but I have to really belt it. It's ALL work ... no fun at all.

#324216 - 05/14/11 11:25 PM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My personal favorite rendition still remains my good buddy Willie Tait's version sung and played live in concert on Tyros 2 cool with audio simply recorded into a vidcam built in mic. Willie sings with genuine heart!

Willie Tait - This Is The Moment

Unfortunately for us, Willie advised me he refuses to participate on Synthzone any more
because of all the "big egos and the bs" similar to what Ian spoke to, and DonM concured with, on this other thread.

#324219 - 05/15/11 01:34 AM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Donny, that's your all time favorite - I'd never do that in front of you! Some guys I know feel the same way about "My way".
I do love that song, but I'm really not that well suited to that style. I'm a straight baritone, all the way ... anything above an Eb makes me work too hard. If all the planets align, and the syllables are right, I can hit the high "G" in Piano Man, but I have to really belt it. It's ALL work ... no fun at all.

Well Dave maybe after a few Scotches you never know what someone will do wink That said, this is my all time favorite Broadway Ballad, Followed by "Maria" & "Somewhere" from the "original" West Side Story.

#324235 - 05/15/11 08:13 AM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
My personal favorite rendition still remains my good buddy Willie Tait's version sung and played live in concert on Tyros 2 cool with audio simply recorded into a vidcam built in mic. Willie sings with genuine heart!

Willie Tait - This Is The Moment

Unfortunately for us, Willie advised me he refuses to participate on Synthzone any more
because of all the "big egos and the bs" similar to what Ian spoke to, and DonM concured with, on this other thread.

Willie really knows how to "present" a tune. A genuinely nice guy as well.

Ian

#324238 - 05/15/11 09:18 AM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I miss Willie, he always was there to help someone, wonder where he's posting since yPKO went closed?.....I'd like to hear him do this song on his new T4?....Scott?

Edited by Dnj (05/15/11 09:19 AM)

#324240 - 05/15/11 09:57 AM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I miss Willie, wonder where he's posting since yPKO went closed?
Hi Donny. Willie and I voice/video chat with each other several times a week on Skype. smoke
Our preferred forum these days is Skype where a group of us voice and/or video chat simultaneously with mutual arranger keyboard friends around the world, and play our music live for each other, and without the inflated egos or bs to get in the way. cool

#324242 - 05/15/11 10:22 AM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Dnj
I miss Willie, wonder where he's posting since yPKO went closed?
Hi Donny. Willie and I voice/video chat with each other several times a week on Skype. smoke
Our preferred forum these days is Skype where a group of us voice and/or video chat simultaneously with mutual arranger keyboard friends around the world, and play our music live for each other, and without the inflated egos or bs to get in the way. cool

Yes Scott I remember those early Skype days when we used to have a few players conference together it was fun, Skype is much more advanced now also.. I look forward to doing that with you in the future again also when we get time.. Thanks.

#324299 - 05/16/11 09:20 PM Re: Hooked on Show Tunes? [Re: Uncle Dave]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Here's the song "You and I" from the musical Chess performed by "The Shueys." Chess is a great musical with great music. This YouTube is from a Valentines Banquet in February of 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQJUXmV99fU

I did the arrangement on the Yamaha Motif ES7.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online