SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#323109 - 04/28/11 01:40 PM Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Mother's Day (2nd Sunday in May in the US) is quickly approaching,
so I thought it an appropriate time to post the following 'four' songs I recorded for my Mom last year in honor of the occasion.
They simply feature my singing, accompanied by a backing track arrangement.
Ok guys, 'don't forget' to send your Mom a box of candy, flowers, or something else 'special' for her this year. - Scott cool

Papa Loves Mambo

The Best Is Yet To Come

What A Wonderful World

Nine Million Bicycles

#323110 - 04/28/11 01:55 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Nice job Scott.....I would assume you would do these tunes live with your new T4?....Glad to see you broadening your act using backing tracks now.

Another great song is "MAMA" for Mothers day.

Edited by Dnj (04/28/11 02:06 PM)

#323111 - 04/28/11 01:59 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Beautiful singing, Scott...man, you do a great job on all those tunes.

Your Mum must be some proud, and honored.

Ian

#323116 - 04/28/11 02:50 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: Scottyee]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My Mom didn't like me very much; said I reminded her too much of my Dad. I ran away from home when I was three. Nobody tried to find me. Oh well.

chas

#323119 - 04/28/11 03:20 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: cgiles]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
My Mom didn't like me very much; said I reminded her too much of my Dad. I ran away from home when I was three. Nobody tried to find me.

Chas, funny thing is, I actually 'believe' you. eek

#323121 - 04/28/11 03:32 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: cgiles
My Mom didn't like me very much; said I reminded her too much of my Dad. I ran away from home when I was three. Nobody tried to find me. Oh well.

chas

I can see why...you must have been a real little devil. wink

You're very lucky compared to my buddy next door...he tells me he never knew his parents...they both died a few years before he was born...

Ian

#323123 - 04/28/11 05:13 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: ianmcnll]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Very Nice Scott, your Mom must be proud.

I'm curious as to how you go about configuring your MP3's so that when I click on your song, Windows Media Player (I use version 12) displays your photo, and name [as shown below], rather than the default musical note icon?

Also your photo is the default WMP icon when it is saved to my computer. That's a cool feature as I can instantly see and know it's a Scott Yee MP3. smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#323124 - 04/28/11 05:41 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Nice job Scott.....I would assume you would do these tunes live with your new T4?....Glad to see you broadening your act using backing tracks now.

Another great song is "MAMA" for Mothers day.

Beautiful song, yes ... but the English lyrics are quite sad ...
Momma
When the evening shadows fall
and the lovely day is through
Then with longing I recall
the years I spent with you

Mama, I miss the days
when you were near to guide me
Mama, those happy days
when you were here beside me

Safe in the glow of your love
Sent from the heavens above
Nothing can ever replace
The warmth of your tender embrace

Oh, Mama, until the day
that we're together once more
I'll live in these memories
Until the day that we're together once more

#323135 - 04/28/11 10:31 PM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Donny, Ian, and Larry: Thanks for listening to my songs, as well as including your kind words of support. smile

Larry, I was able to add my picture to the Mp3 as "album artwork" in iTunes. smile
I'm pretty sure you could do the same thing using Windows Media Player too, but I've just not tried that.

Scott cool

#323155 - 04/29/11 05:22 AM Re: Songs I Recorded For Mother's Day (May 8th, 2011) [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj

First of all, very nice singing Scott. Your mom must be proud to have such a talented son.

On the subject of backing tracks, why do you (or anyone else on this forum) decide to use backing tracks as oppossed to auto-accompaniment?

I have been concidering adding some backing tracks for some songs that my wife wants to sing. I would be able to play them with styles but I have not found any suitable styles. She is very much againist the idea because she likes to strech out songs, have me play solos and feels like we are cheating... I used to hate the idea too but we are both getting frustrated with the lack of styles available to able to perform some comptemporay Latin music.

Sorry Scott, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online