SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#317886 - 02/28/11 06:57 PM Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's yet another Korg Pa3X YouTube clip just uploaded of it played in a music shop in Romania.
It also includes another guy playing a Korg Kronos, at least according to the YouTube clip description. They are playing a Manea style of music.

I can't figure out how these keyboards are already showing up in music shops before their official release date.
Does Korg know/care about these Youtube clips?
I also still can't figure out why nobody's recording via direct line out instead of simply thru the add on speaker.

#317887 - 02/28/11 07:12 PM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Scott,
I think these are just guys walking in a shop (or they work there?), turning on their $199.00 camcorder or Ipad and taking video of someone noodling around that does not have a clue as to what they are doing...Korg could do nothing about it if they wanted to, But, they know the boards are there.

YES, what are these PA3X's doing there??
I thought they were shipping in Late March/Early April?
They are there, but nothing on KorgPA.com!

Something is very strange with Korg right now. IMHO.

After that, I had to go get a beer! Didn't help.

Edited by leeboy (02/28/11 07:16 PM)

#317916 - 03/01/11 06:05 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I would expect that Korg doesn't imagine that anyone would be so stupid as to take amateur recordings of amateur presentations by people that have no familiarity with the gear (presumably, a rep is taking a demo unit around to get orders as far fewer go to the big trade shows these days) as a serious representation of the product....

Mind you, they may be unaware of the depths of our idiocy here at SZ! rolleyes

#317929 - 03/01/11 08:02 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Everyone likes to hear and see new products. It's fun if nothing else...
We only have what we have. To formally announce a keyboard without all the necessary demos' and other support in place is just plain strange.

As I have been saying, like you Diki, we cannot go on what has been presented. Why annopunce if your not ready? Just to create some interest? I guess it has done that.

I will post after I get done talking to Korg USA today.

#317932 - 03/01/11 08:39 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Diki]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Diki

Mind you, they may be unaware of the depths of our idiocy here at SZ! rolleyes
The idiocy has got nothing to do with 'us' at Synthzone.
We've got inquiring minds and I would expect that to be a 'good' thing, and if not, God help us all.
If there's been any idiocy at all, it's Korg's lack of interest in controlling and managing their 'pre release' product exposure better.
The internet, vidcams, and YouTube, have revolutionized the world, so Korg had better realize this or lose out.
Yamaha on the other hand was able to keep Tyros 4 under wraps until their official promo videos were up on YouTube.

That said, here are a couple of more Pa3x/Kronos videos shot in the same music shop.
Though still recorded thru those unimpressive sounding Korg add on speakers (yuck), these vids have at least helped 'a little' to restore some confidence in the Pa3X.
Interestingly enough, the demonstrator playing is wearing a "www.Korg.it" (Italy) shirt. Korg so desperately needs demonstrators on the level of Yamaha's Harris or Baartmans.

#317938 - 03/01/11 09:27 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
The idiocy is the constant anti Korg PA3x talk.
Now lets start some anti Tyros 4 talk. The Tyros 4 with speakers looks like a plastic spaceship with ears that sound like a bad CD. Sorry Scott you asked for it.

#317939 - 03/01/11 09:41 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Wouldnt listening to some good Pa2x demos be close enough to what the Pa3x will sound like?

#317940 - 03/01/11 09:44 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
The idiocy is the constant anti Korg PA3x talk.
Now lets start some anti Tyros 4 talk. The Tyros 4 with speakers looks like a plastic spaceship with ears that sound like a bad CD. Sorry Scott you asked for it.

Frans, my old SZ friend...so far, the demos of the Korg PA3X have been very unprofessionally done...why?

And Frans, not everyone will love the Tyros4's looks and sounds...that would be unrealistic to expect the instrument to please everyone.

It does, however, delight very many arranger players, as evidenced by it's sales, by the plethora of demos (both pro and amateur) that are on YouTube and the like, and the terrific and positive response by those who hear (and play) the instrument both in real life and on the 'Net.

What is strange as well, is that no one on SZ has been able to actually spend any amount of time on the PA3X, yet, we see quite a few videos of obvious amateurs playing it.

Certainly, I hope Korg gets their act together...this poor product release and presentation isn't doing them any good, and perhaps, is doing much harm.

Are you doing like me and saving up for your new instrument?

Ian

#317941 - 03/01/11 09:45 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Scott and others,
the guy demoing the PA3X Pro is Raffaele Mirabella; he is an excellent player and he also works for Korg Italy but, as has been noted by Ian and others, is essentially a pianist; his chops can be appreciated in the following videos, where he is demoing a Kronos and I think that he does a very good job.

It has to be furthermore said that, while the Kronos demo was part of a tour officially sponsored by Korg Italy, the PA3X video looks and sounds like it was shot by someone with a cell phone, while Mirabella was simply playing the instrument for the store owner and a few attending clients, who don't even sound particularly interested, as can be inferred from their ongoing chattering.
All this goes to show that, given today's technology, one has to be very careful when playing in public...

Edited by Dreamer (03/01/11 09:47 AM)

#317943 - 03/01/11 09:47 AM Re: Korg Pa3X + Kronos Played in a Music Shop [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

The Kronos to me sounds brilliant! wow......
Loved it ever since I first heard the demos from NAMM.

Edited by Dnj (03/01/11 09:49 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online