Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#317328 - 02/22/11 11:02 AM Tyros 4: MusicFinder T2 to T4 Conversion Questions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm Considering these two software programs:

MusicFinder File Manager
MusicFinder View

Which of the these programs (or another one?) should I use to convert a Tyros 2 Music Finder database file for use on Tyros 4? Do either of these programs support automatic conversion-save in one step, or must the original file be saved as a delimited text file first?

Which of the above programs (or another one?) can I use to append a 'select group' of records from one MusicFinder file to another?
I assume both files must be of the same 'keyboard model compatible' first, right?

Thanks in advance for feedback experience and advice. cool

#317330 - 02/22/11 11:32 AM Re: Tyros 4: MusicFinder T2 to T4 Conversion Questions [Re: Scottyee]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Scott

I am not that familar with "Music Finder View" software; as I have written my own "Music Finder File Manager" software.

My software program allows:
1. appending a complete file to another file
2. selecting a group of records from a file and adding these to an existing file.

Method 2:
1. Menu File -> Open File (your file to add TO - opens in the top of the program User Interface)
2. Menu File -> Open File 2 (the file you want to select FROM - opens in the bottom of the program User Interface)
3. Now click in the grey area to the left of the record data for the first record to add while holding down the Ctrl-key (multi select)
4. Click in the grey area for the next record to add (still holding Ctrl-key down)
5. Continue...
6. Click button "Add selected from File 2" to add the selected records from file 2 to the first file.

Now you can do a duplicate search. read more in the online help at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mffm/help.htm

Much easier to do than to describe...

Best regards
Jørgen

#317332 - 02/22/11 11:52 AM Re: Tyros 4: MusicFinder T2 to T4 Conversion Questions [Re: joso]
joso Offline

Hi

Just added the description above to the software programs online help.
The online help is accessible from within the software program. Help menu -> Online Help

Jørgen

#317345 - 02/22/11 02:20 PM Re: Tyros 4: MusicFinder T2 to T4 Conversion Questions [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jørgen, thanks for the heads up tutorial and the added description. smile
Too bad there's no program utility out there which can automatically reassign MFD records utilizing older T2 styles to appropriate new ones on Tyros 4.
That the case, after appending, I assume I'll have to manually reassign MFD records that 'no longer' have the same style name(s) on Tyros 4.

#317429 - 02/22/11 11:07 PM Re: Tyros 4: MusicFinder T2 to T4 Conversion Questions [Re: Scottyee]
joso Offline

Scott, that's the hard part of it...

I guess you will have to have both arrangers side by side; and manually create some kind of relations table - by listening to each style very carefully.

Despite this, I guess there will still be some situations where it's not possible to find the RIGHT substitution: No style fits perfectly; but a number of styles fit 90%. Which to choose?

Just some thoughts...

Jørgen

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online