SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#315296 - 02/05/11 06:49 AM Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
It can be done!
I'm almost speechless here...This is new. This is a T4 + more.
I have listened to every one of these performances/demos...and it is exactly what I have been wanting.
And it really shows the sounds on T4 that I need.

BUT, for anyone interested in the Quality Sound of a T4 and how it all sounds in a mix...this will show you.
You might even pick up a playing technique or two.

I just wish I could understand what he is saying and the comments. Is it German? or what?

Start with this one and listen to all his demos (well if your really interested in a FULL tour of the T4), then listen to his playing of Maria.
Start of his demos...
http://www.youtube.com/user/YAMATI40#p/u/27/B8inaLetqdA

Maria....
http://www.youtube.com/user/YAMATI40#p/u/9/BYvMTCs7Phw

I'm not sure how I find out the details of the setup, but I'm going to try. I can build the cabinet.

If you take the time to listen a lot of his work...
Well IMHO he sure knows the T4 and he is a very good musician.

#315308 - 02/05/11 08:47 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: leeboy
It can be done!
If you take the time to listen a lot of his work...
Well IMHO he sure knows the T4 and he is a very good musician.

He sure is a PRO musician, and I really enjoy listen to and watch his playing.
I've seen adverts of such setup to place a keyboard on top someplace, but can't remember where....
This "still-video" give a good picture of his "T4 organ", because it's most likely inspired from Wersi that he's been using a lot.
Just look at his Wesite.

Keep on Rockin' and Rollin'
organ

Cheers
GJ

#315309 - 02/05/11 08:51 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
With 2 playing surfaces and a footpedal board - you really can expand the capabilities of a conventional arranger. If you grew up as an organist - this should feel like going home. That same approach can be used with many other brands and models too ... don't limit your thinking to just the t4!

#315312 - 02/05/11 08:55 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
This link gives extensive details of the Tyros MIDI settings for the Twinset. http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=29404.0
regards, chuck

#315316 - 02/05/11 09:36 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
UD,
BUT...be honest...which other arranger has the quality orchestral sounds as the T4? I have a PA2XPRO...it does not.
Not saying it does not sound great as it does, but when you really listen close to the sounds on the T4 as played with slower music, orchestral, etc..what is better?

I'm not sure what it is, but the sounds on the T4 seem to just blend very nicely in a mix, like a real orchestra sounds.
I'm not sure how to describe it.

Best I con do is describe it as orchestral presense.

#315317 - 02/05/11 09:49 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Why not buy the Korg Kronos. Then you own the best arranger and the best workstation and have much better orchestra sounds then with only a Tyros 4. And it is cheaper then a Tyros 4. Or combine a Kronos with the new Roland arranger module.

#315320 - 02/05/11 10:01 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
Why not buy the Korg Kronos. Then you own the best arranger and the best workstation and have much better orchestra sounds then with only a Tyros 4. And it is cheaper then a Tyros 4. Or combine a Kronos with the new Roland arranger module.

Now that makes a whole lot of sense Fran....good advice.

#315323 - 02/05/11 10:12 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Thanks Don, it is something I am thinking to do this for myself a Kronos with the Roland module. Or if I have enough money the PA3x and later the Kronos.

#315326 - 02/05/11 11:24 AM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
How about an entry level Korg Arranger as a controller (They have pretty good Midi control) combined with a Receptor http://www.museresearch.com/receptor-videos.php

Bill

#315356 - 02/05/11 03:18 PM Re: Tyro 4! Plus ..This is gonna knock your socks off [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After watching the videos carefully, it appeared as if everything he did was using onboard styles and registrations he created. Obviously, he knows the keyboard inside and out, and he's a very creative, outstanding player. He really didn't need the lower controller board at all, but it made the operation of some songs a bit easier.

thanks for the links,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online