SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#314607 - 01/30/11 03:02 PM Midi Question
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am using my Kurzweil K2661 for a band session. I have my old Fatar MP-1 foot pedals attached. While using some big orchestral strings, I use the pedal for bass octave, but I want it louder. I have velocity on the keyboard to control volume, but not the pedal. I am playing ensemble with both hands or I would use my left hand.

Any thoughts ?

Bernie

#314609 - 01/30/11 03:20 PM Re: Midi Question [Re: Bernie9]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Is the Fatar MP-1 an expression pedal Bernie? If it's an expression pedal you should be able to go into your keyboard system menu under Pedal control, etc. i.e. wherever the pedal control values are at within the system menu and then if the MP-1 is plugged into, let's say, the first pedal connector you would then edit (change) the pedal system value to "volume" to be able to use the MP-1 to the control volume level. I'm not really familiar with the Kurzweil K2661 but maybe somebody will chime in who is. But that's how I would enable it on my Roland Fantom G7 i.e. to go into the system menu and edit the value for a certain pedal input and change the value to "volume" if it wasn't already set at that. Hope this helps.

All the best,
Mike

#314611 - 01/30/11 03:24 PM Re: Midi Question [Re: Bernie9]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
And if you already have it set to volume you might be able to increase the value to a higher level e.g. "127" which is the loudest setting. Once the value is set you should be able to "write" the change so it saves the setting the next time you power on your keyboard.

#314674 - 01/31/11 02:53 AM Re: Midi Question [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Mike
Thanks for your thoughts that may apply, although this is not a CC. The MP-1 is a 13 pedal pedalboard similar to a Roland PK-5.
I suppose you would call it momentary, not continuous, and fixed velocity.

http://www.fatar.ru/pdf/mp1.pdf

I suppose I could increase the volume of the lower split and adjust the velocity setting of my Kurzweil so that when I played the shared zone, it would be softer. Other than that, maybe there is a velocity sensitive pedal keyboard out there.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online