SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299780 - 11/23/10 10:34 AM NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Tony Hughes Offline

http://www.lionstracs.com/store/pro-keyboards-c-154.html

Is my Internet playing up, all KBs out of stock, the best KB on the planet, I can't get the demos to work, my Internet speed tosh I know, but am I missing something here, I was going to buy a MS in the new year but does the MS site make you dizzy with confidence. I don’t like to admit it but I think that Ketron might just have the edge on the website and demos.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#299781 - 11/23/10 12:44 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/pro-keyboards-c-154.html

I was going to buy a MS in the new year

Hey Tony, maybe Dom got wind of this and pulled all his stock off the shelf as a precaution. He may have been tipped off by Ketron. Hey, there's always Casio. From what I understand, they're bug free (lighter, too).

chas

#299782 - 11/23/10 01:25 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Tony.

No problems with the website here. If you go to the main page on the store you can see that the next batches are not due in until the 25th.

There's nothing else to this Tony, there's no conspiracy preventing you from buying one.

If all goes to plan, things are going to get very interesting actually.

Cheers
James.

#299783 - 11/24/10 01:04 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Hey Tony, maybe Dom got wind of this and pulled all his stock off the shelf as a precaution. He may have been tipped off by Ketron. Hey, there's always Casio. From what I understand, they're bug free (lighter, too).

chas

He Chas,

All joking apart we have had a bit of a rough time with the Audya, it wasn't just me that had the problems and people are still have odd problems, I am just a bit more cautious, I don't doubt that James is right what he says, what have you got now Chas.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#299784 - 11/24/10 02:32 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
what have you got now Chas.

Tony

Nothing new or exciting, Tony. Arranger wise, I still have same old PA1X Pro (which I still like and feel no need to upgrade) and the Tyros 2 (which I'm very indifferent about and rarely turn on). Mostly, I play my Nord C1 Organ (on gigs with band mates). I also have a Motif ES, a Roland Fantom G7, Korg Triton, Roland VR770, Roland Sonic Cell, Roland A70 (and A33) controller, Roland PK7a 20 pedal bass pedal, and a stash of older boards not currently in use.

At the moment, the only thing I'm interested in (for gigging only, but don't gig enough to justify it), is the Roland VR-700. On paper, it seems like the perfect gigging board for non-arranger players, but the organ voice just does not stack up to the Nords, despite the convenient drawbars. I may have to take the plunge anyway, though. I'm playing with a new guitarist and sax player and they'd like more variety than just the organ. We'll see. Have a good holiday.

chas

#299785 - 11/24/10 03:57 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tony.
Are you thinking of getting a Groove in the new year?
If so, are your intentions to use it as a Arranger or a Workstation?.

Regards
James

#299786 - 11/24/10 10:53 PM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Tony.
Are you thinking of getting a Groove in the new year?
If so, are your intentions to use it as a Arranger or a Workstation?.

Regards
James

James,

I am not bothered either KB, I don't gig just take the KB to the local school and play on open days FOC to help the school raise money, I love it, I still have the Audya and the PA2xPro and a Fantom XR with Blackpool Tower samples. Needs some good styles on the MS hows that going.

Regards

Tony

#299787 - 11/25/10 06:50 AM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So...how does he fix the fact that CONTENT is the real thing we want...along with great arranger features (at least us arranger players)????

If I was looking for a WS...I might be intrested.

When he decided to remove the livestyler from MS...he lost my interest. I have LS and it's pretty darn good. The ntegration with all the physical cotrols is what is missig...MS had that covered.

Well...I have a PA2...great content..but I am also interested in a T4 because why...MORE content...from more sources.
Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-25-2010).]

#299788 - 11/25/10 09:55 AM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
So...how does he fix the fact that CONTENT is the real thing we want...along with great arranger features (at least us arranger players)????

Use Qranger I guess?
Tastenpoint are waiting on the release of ver 5.0 and when that happens from what I gather you can just buy a few hundred styles off them optimised for the Groove.

Don’t quote me on that though, I’ve not been following the arranger side of things with this keyboard too much.

Quote:
If I was looking for a WS...I might be intrested.

As a workstation it’s all singing and dancing straight out of the box. Damn fine workstation too.

Quote:
I have LS and it's pretty darn good. The ntegration with all the physical cotrols is what is missig...MS had that covered.

All that’s still there. Qranger is controllable from the same buttons.

Quote:
Well...I have a PA2...great content..but I am also interested in a T4 because why...MORE content...from more sources.

It’s likely not the keyboard for you then if your looking for an arranger full of content. Sound… sure, it’s got more than you would know what to do with. But as an arranger you got to be able to do your own work at this moment in time to make it the machine you want.

Well… that is until Tastenpoint release what they have been working on.

Cheers
James

#299789 - 11/25/10 10:45 AM Re: NONE IN STOCK - MS CLEARED OUT
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James,
I thought DOM took out livetyler? He announced that.
With Livestyler & the XG and mega voice sound set (GIGA) he had...it would do well wih Yamaha styles.

Maybe I'm mistaken?

I don't have time or talent to take a WS and create arranger content. Anyone else?

Lee S.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online