SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#297169 - 10/21/10 03:14 AM Received my Motif XF6
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
The wait for me is finally over! I live in Sydney Australia and now have the XF6 sitting in front of me.

The first shipment into Australia arrived on Monday and was delivered to my local store today!

I have been flicking through most of the sounds and arps already and it is a huge difference over the XS.

Its 9:10 PM right now and I can see a sleepless night coming up! i am going to feel it at 9:00am in the office tomorrow morning

.....back to playing my Motif XF

Nick

#297170 - 10/21/10 04:18 AM Re: Received my Motif XF6
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Congrats Nick. Enjoy your new XF. I have the XS and I'm curious to hear what new incremental features of the XF you really like.

Have Fun!
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#297171 - 10/21/10 07:46 AM Re: Received my Motif XF6
Bachus Offline

Congratulations... its a great instrument for sure, espescially for live with the flash memmory.

Are you using it on top of an arranger?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#297172 - 10/21/10 03:12 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What's the area you think is the huge improvement? Sounds, OS, layout, Performances...? Did you have an XS?

Not shooting you down, just want to know

#297173 - 10/21/10 04:39 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What's the area you think is the huge improvement? Sounds, OS, layout, Performances...? Did you have an XS?

Not shooting you down, just want to know

I have heard the opposite...that it is NOT a huge difference..a few more sounds is about it. But the sounds seem to have been eq'd a bit to make them all sound a bit sharper and punchier..

Again, not my views just am8 who is a long time Motif user.

Dennis

#297174 - 10/21/10 05:02 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
Dnj Offline

#297175 - 10/21/10 05:13 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
Nick G Offline

I spent hours last night experimenting with the sounds, arps and performances.

Not only are there new sounds in almost every category but nearly every existing sound from the XS sounds simply "better".
Its just an overall upgrade to the entire wav ROM.

In the performance mode, there are now alot more 'usable' performances that are actually easier to play with (arranger style).
for example: there are now ballads, 8 beat, alot of 4/4 patterns that were not in the XS.

The XS had some excellent sounding performances which are still all in the XF BUT they are just full of less 'fluff' and 'noises' if you get me?

The OS is virtually the same except for the fact that you can fully customise the layout of the home screen.
anyone who has used the XS would have absolutely no issues using an XF, there really is no 'learning curve' to get your teeth into.

Drums sound amazing. the new trance basics 2 is very fat and punchy, the new acoustic oak and maple kits are great as well but again all the other drum kits just sound better.

There are some great new bases / synth bases / S6 acoustic pianos (from the Yamaha S90XS) / the brass category has alot of new editions.
the new section strings voices in the Strings category are very realistic, there is an awesome symphinic tremolo strings.

choirs sound sooo much more real than the XS as well.
There is a choir voice called Nativity which blows me away.

Alot of very usable and punchy new trance lead and bass arpeggios are also included as well.

I am not a sales rep from Yamaha or being biast but i think anyone who says this board is hardly any different really to the XS has not had this board in front of them and looked in the rigth areas long enough.

Nick

#297176 - 10/21/10 05:17 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Congratulations... its a great instrument for sure, espescially for live with the flash memmory.

Are you using it on top of an arranger?

I have a PSR S910 which is my go-to board when I want to bang out some on the fly arranger playing. But I use the Motif about 90% of the time.

having the two boards side by side you can notice such a HUGE difference in the key feel and sound quality. The Motif just sounds so much more live and punchy.

Nick

#297177 - 10/21/10 05:23 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
I am not a sales rep from Yamaha or being biast but i think anyone who says this board is hardly any different really to the XS has not had this board in front of them and looked in the rigth areas long enough.

Nick

Guy I am quoting as I said is a LONG time Yammie user...dates back the original motif. He is also a Yammie dealer...Its only hearsay, as I have nto heard the XF myself but I do tend to take notice of what he says.

BTW Nativity is on the XS as well

Dennis

#297178 - 10/21/10 06:04 PM Re: Received my Motif XF6
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Guy I am quoting as I said is a LONG time Yammie user...dates back the original motif. He is also a Yammie dealer...Its only hearsay, as I have nto heard the XF myself but I do tend to take notice of what he says.

BTW Nativity is on the XS as well

Dennis

There have been a couple of people on the Motifator forum that have claimed that after 'testing' the Motif XF they hardly notice any feasible difference to the XS. (I am not saying your friend is one of these people)

This is a vast minority and their reviews have been biased only to certain sound categories and NOT the entire collection.

I owned an XS for 3 or so years and I can instantly hear the difference on the XF. it is WORTH the hype.

Nick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online