SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#291724 - 08/26/10 11:31 PM Tyros 4 around the corner
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
MAP was removed on Tyros 3 Dealers can advertise it at $2500 if they want to.LOL.

Motif XF will be shipping in Sept. However I am keeping the XS8 as the XF is not the upgrade I expected and many features are being released for the XS8. The sampling section has been improved VIA a $300 memory card and no native Fire wire support this time around.

I hope the T4 is a better upgrade. I would like to either eliminate the hard drive and record directly to USB or add the ability to record 8 tracks of audio. 76 keys may be possible as they releases the s90X as the S70X with 76 WEIGHTED keys. No one has that to my knowledge.

IF the T4 is all that I will be selling my studio use only T3 and picking one up using Yamaha's great employee purchase program.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 08-26-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#291725 - 08/27/10 08:20 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Dnj Offline

Why not just wait and see untill its release.?...instead of dreaming with a crystal ball

#291726 - 08/27/10 01:25 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Why not just wait and see untill its release.?...instead of dreaming with a crystal ball

Better to sell the T3 BEFORE the T4 is officially released. Although maybe you are right the difference in price will be about over $2000 between my T3 and a new T4 for a retail customer
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#291727 - 08/27/10 04:11 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Long time no see Kingfrog.

#291728 - 08/27/10 07:05 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Frogman:

I'm curious to know if you have heard of a replacement for the S910... or if the T4 may impact the price of it as well? Welcome back.

Dave Rice

#291729 - 08/27/10 08:25 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Frogman:

I'm curious to know if you have heard of a replacement for the S910... or if the T4 may impact the price of it as well? Welcome back.

Dave Rice

First T4.........follwed by a new S series unit a few months later....

#291730 - 08/27/10 10:58 PM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
nice to see you posting again Kingfrog :-)Welcome back.

#291731 - 08/28/10 01:43 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm still not convinced that the T2-T3 change was anything more than a minor incremental upgrade. What did you get? A minor tweak to the NTT for guitar parts, a tiny handful of new SA sounds, a handful of other sounds and some sliders.

I just can't see anyone who might actually have to pay retail wanting to change a T3 into a T4, especially if Yamaha dealers drop NEW T3 prices to $2500 (that's going to depress used value of your T3!) and the price of the T4 remain where T3 was prior to the drop (if not go up - it will be interesting to see whether Yamaha, who have kept the MoXF at exactly the same price as the MoXS, decide to rape their arranger users by hiking the price despite the recession).

Every time we have a new Tyros come out, we get all excited at perhaps the possibility that capabilities and features from the Motif line will make it into the arranger line. But it never happens. So, I wouldn't be holding my breath for multitrack recording, or synth arpeggiators, or decent, punchy drums, or vast increases in effects architecture, or Flash RAM for samples, or DAW control from the arranger's panel controls, a 76 weighted, or anything earth shattering like that.

You'll get a few more sounds, a few more styles, maybe finally a better Songbook, some minor OS tweaks, and that's about IT...

Just like you did last time!

If that's worth trading in your T3 and taking a, what? $10000 - $1500 loss, best of luck. I didn't see a mass migration from T2 to T3, and, knowing Yamaha tend to keep doing what they do until they HAVE to change, I doubt I'll see a mass migration from T3 to T4. Possibly a T2 - T4 or T1 - T4 migration might make sense, but unless you work for a music store, I'm not sure going T3 - T4 is a good move.

I'd LOVE to be proved wrong, though! Just imagine if the T4 actually DID have all we wanted....

No, it doesn't seem fair to raise your hopes up like this

#291732 - 08/28/10 03:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm still not convinced that the T2-T3 change was anything more than a minor incremental upgrade. What did you get? A minor tweak to the NTT for guitar parts, a tiny handful of new SA sounds, a handful of other sounds and some sliders.

I just can't see anyone who might actually have to pay retail wanting to change a T3 into a T4, especially if Yamaha dealers drop NEW T3 prices to $2500 (that's going to depress used value of your T3!) and the price of the T4 remain where T3 was prior to the drop (if not go up - it will be interesting to see whether Yamaha, who have kept the MoXF at exactly the same price as the MoXS, decide to rape their arranger users by hiking the price despite the recession).

Every time we have a new Tyros come out, we get all excited at perhaps the possibility that capabilities and features from the Motif line will make it into the arranger line. But it never happens. So, I wouldn't be holding my breath for multitrack recording, or synth arpeggiators, or decent, punchy drums, or vast increases in effects architecture, or Flash RAM for samples, or DAW control from the arranger's panel controls, a 76 weighted, or anything earth shattering like that.

You'll get a few more sounds, a few more styles, maybe finally a better Songbook, some minor OS tweaks, and that's about IT...

Just like you did last time!

If that's worth trading in your T3 and taking a, what? $10000 - $1500 loss, best of luck. I didn't see a mass migration from T2 to T3, and, knowing Yamaha tend to keep doing what they do until they HAVE to change, I doubt I'll see a mass migration from T3 to T4. Possibly a T2 - T4 or T1 - T4 migration might make sense, but unless you work for a music store, I'm not sure going T3 - T4 is a good move.

I'd LOVE to be proved wrong, though! Just imagine if the T4 actually DID have all we wanted....

No, it doesn't seem fair to raise your hopes up like this

got to agree.
BTW good to see you posting again.

#291733 - 08/30/10 08:11 AM Re: Tyros 4 around the corner
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I's bet you $$ that Yamaha is up to the same old game..give us what THEY want...not what we want. Spoon feed us model by model to get our $$. You know why they do it...because we let them!

SO, guys & Gals don't do it this time!

That is the only way we will get what we want instead of what they want to spoon feed us.

I just looked at the price of the T3 at Sweetwater.com %4600.00
No way. I had one here for a full day..it's nice..but not that nice.

I paid $3,000 for my PA2XPRO. (Still can get one at that $$)
If the PA3XPRO is graet...and it is the same $$ or close, I may do it. but not no $4,600.

Lee S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online