SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#290726 - 08/01/10 10:39 PM Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Guys - We had a heat index of 116 today! Yuck! So, "locked inside" I spent the afternoon playing w/my Tyros and my soprano sax. I decided to use the two and that wonderful "Ethereal Movie" style on a beautiful song ("La Vie En Rose").

You can hear how nice the style fits that song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obK97sLoVBk

I wish Yamaha would stop making new keyboards just long enough to focus more energies on creating innovative styles (like Ethereal Movie) for all the terrific boards they've got floating out here...

Hope y'all enjoy the song if you check it out!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#290727 - 08/01/10 11:05 PM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Randy,
that was wonderful.

Pity more manufacturers don't make styles like Ethereal Movie, it's such a simple beautiful style.

Thank you
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by saxxman:
[B

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#290728 - 08/01/10 11:16 PM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
saxxman Offline

Hi Rikki - thanks so much! Yes, that style has so much class. Hard to not sound good with that style behind you! I'm glad you enjoyed the song - I had a request for it for a wedding and I have always loved that melody. Those French....have to hand it to them....romance is part of their heritage!

Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 08-01-2010).]

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#290729 - 08/02/10 02:35 AM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Randy,

Your usual fine production. Great job with the tune, plus nice creative touch with the you tube video.

Thanks

OUCH 116 degree heat index.

#290730 - 08/02/10 07:29 AM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
saxxman Offline

Hi Steve! Thanks! A beautiful song for sure. Hope all is well w/you and your family up north. I envy you for the cool temps! Just glad that BP may be about to plug that monster they created...

Have a great summer Steve!

Randy

#290731 - 08/02/10 07:39 AM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
Dnj Offline

Randy great job....although I would of liked to hear the background just a bit more in the mix......Sax sounds awesome!!

Great song one of the classics!

#290732 - 08/02/10 08:53 AM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
saxxman Offline

Donny - I need to mix w/both the headphones and the monitors next time! Background comes through better on the phones.

Thanks for listening and have a terrific week!

Randy

#290733 - 08/02/10 12:33 PM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Outstanding rendition, Randy. I listen to those CD's you gave me every once and a while and really envy your incredible talent. While you had to endure that 116 heat index, we were at a balmy 107 heat index here in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Keep em' coming,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#290734 - 08/02/10 04:09 PM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Randy,
I luv the tune also. I used to play it years ago with some sort of a french sounding style I had on my Technics.
Don't think I've played it since, because I never quite got round to converting the style.
It would have never occured to me to use Ethereal style. So thank you also for the idea of using this style with the song.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Hi Rikki - thanks so much! Yes, that style has so much class. Hard to not sound good with that style behind you! I'm glad you enjoyed the song - I had a request for it for a wedding and I have always loved that melody. Those French....have to hand it to them....romance is part of their heritage!

Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 08-01-2010).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#290735 - 08/03/10 08:50 PM Re: Ethereal Movie (Style) Anyone?
saxxman Offline

Hi Gary - thanks! Glad to hear you're still listening to my stuff! Just dropped the wife and her Mom back up in Cumberland (MD) for the 4th of July...unfortunately 50 miles from home up there (Winchester, VA) I hit a deer doing 55 (my beautiful Odyssey - not the deer!)...so the deer went to heaven and the van went to the shop. $4,100.... oh well - 2 deer in 40 years...not bad for that part of the country. It has been way too hot! Hope we all get some relief soon!

Rikki - Again, glad you liked the "Ethereal Movie" style on that song. It was a fun project and hope Yammie (or the other developers) keep the great styles coming!

Randy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online