SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#290503 - 07/26/10 08:38 PM Mysterious phone call
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just had a phone call from Semilive (Bill P.)
He said this: "I can't hear you for the noise, but I'm in Nashville watching Paul McCartney. Bye!"
I guess he just wanted to share his fun. Sounded as if he may have had a glass or two of spirits of some sort.
DonM

#290504 - 07/27/10 05:35 AM Re: Mysterious phone call
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Wish you coulda been here. But my date was better lookin' than you.

Man, I am worn out. That was a night to remember. In more ways than one, haha.

I told this lady this would be night she will never forget. And she won't. I saw him in Dallas several years ago and it was best concert ever. 2:45, including a 15-minute intermission. I assumed this would be similar. Nope. THREE HOURS NON-STOP. No intermission. Man, I am whipped. Sir Paul, 68 years old, rocked that arena for three hours straight. I don't know how many songs they played, had to be 40+. And we never sat down. Standing up, boogying for three hours, my feet are killing me.

I got these tickets the night before the show at ticketsinventory.com for face value. With fees, about $290 each. Tickets were going up to double face value two weeks before. We were in section 1, row 15, on the floor. It doesn't get much better. We were 40' from Sir Paul.

I was surprised that they started so late. Started 40 minutes late. So, that means people were there 3:40. Not for the faint-hearted. I have no idea why they started late other than it was sold out and no way was everyone in on time but it certainly didn't warrant 40 minutes late.

You owe it to yourself to see this guy once in your life. He sings and plays better than ever. An in-shape Beatle, wish a fab band and super stamina. Amazing.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 07-27-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online