SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#283791 - 03/24/10 12:32 PM Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
leezone Offline

Ok

first, I'm happy there's a module out
next, it should have had 256MB standard expandable to 1 gig
not the same standard 64mb. But at least we can add to it

next. The HD, still 80GB? You kidding?
That is so 5 year. Ago
why not at least a 300+ gigger?
I mean I can't fit my mp3 files in there
I have 500gb in mp3

now, they say new this, new that,
But can someone tell us what new means?
New as in pre-audya?
Or new as is post audya?

What makes these different from existing?
Sounds newer?
Styles. There are more?
Vocalized better than existing?

Ketron. AJ. Drumremix frank...
What are the MAIN. Differences?

And last thing...

What is the price???

#283792 - 03/24/10 12:52 PM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
leezone Offline

And why why why on audya5...
We STILL have USB in front?
Where we can easily break off memory stick?
Forcing us to get a very very small stick I see...

#283793 - 03/24/10 03:01 PM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
leezone Offline

i'm hoping the BIGGEST difference is the PRICE...

#283794 - 03/24/10 04:10 PM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Ok I'm with you. I like what I've seen and heard so far, but very short on major detail.

Where are the specs, they were there last night now gone?? what will be the price, can I say it again "what will be the price", and the module leaves us SD5/3 like sitting ducks in a shooting gallery, unless there are going to be major upgrades to those units and i mean soon we are going to be punished severley in resale. Also a lot of talk re OS4, when will it be actually relaesed, so that the rest of us can decide whether is is worth a major punt.

#283795 - 03/25/10 02:57 AM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Ok I'm with you. I like what I've seen and heard so far, but very short on major detail.

Where are the specs, they were there last night now gone?? what will be the price, can I say it again "what will be the price", and the module leaves us SD5/3 like sitting ducks in a shooting gallery, unless there are going to be major upgrades to those units and i mean soon we are going to be punished severley in resale. Also a lot of talk re OS4, when will it be actually relaesed, so that the rest of us can decide whether is is worth a major punt.

Specs are here http://newsletter.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&id=16&Itemid=50&lang=eng along with demos

#283796 - 03/25/10 06:34 AM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
leezone Offline

i want to know the dimensions of module, so i can research and buy my hardshell protectice case :-)

and Ketron can you actually get the specs right this time?

the specs on your site for XD3 are TOTALLY off by over 4 inches, maybe 6 inches,
which made me buy a case TOO SMALL for it

#283797 - 03/25/10 09:06 AM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Ketron News 2010...

Making their World premier at Musikmesse 2010, Ketron presents FOUR exciting releases: The new 61 key Professional Arranger Keyboard: Audya 5, a new Arranger and Multiplayer Module: Audya 4, and a new professional class piano module: the Klavi Pro.

I hate to break it to Ketron but there are only THREE product releases instead of the stated FOUR. Unless there's an invisible product somewhere cloaked in secrecy and written with invisible ink that is. lol

Okay, everyone makes mistakes I reckon and apparently Ketron made a counting error. One, two, three, uh.. four??? Sorry but I only count three Ketron.

Anyway, beyond the counting error the Audya 4 looks very interesting but it also looks very expensive in my opinion. I'm guessing it's gonna cost in the neighborhood of $3,000.00 before tax. If that's the case I'll pass and wait for a keyboard version high-end arranger from Yammie, Korg, and/or Roland. If the price is around $2,000.00 I would be inclined to give it more consideration. Funny though that Ketron doesn't have a "complete" spec list nor do they have an MSRP for it yet. Maybe they're waiting a while to take some of the edge off the "sticker shock" that will ultimately come once they do announce it. I mean, you don't get everybody interested and excited and lay a $4,000.00 plus price tag in front of them at the same time right? In their excitement they might just keel over from a heart attack and croak and Ketron could potentially lose several Audya 4 customers in the process who would otherwise be alive today if not for Ketron's immediately announced zinger of a price on the Audya 4. If they had immediately announced the price that is. Give 'em a few days or weeks and once the initial excitement dies down then they can apply the zinger of a price tag to the equation, and hopefully those with a predisposed heart condition will have resuscitation paddles nearby as well as a loved one experienced in heart attack resuscitation techniques. CLEAR!

All the best,
Mike

#283798 - 03/25/10 09:27 AM Re: Difference between original Audya & new Audya4 & Audya5
Bachus Offline

The 4th release is the most awaited one here over on the forums...

Its OS4 for Audya

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online