SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#282769 - 03/06/10 08:43 AM name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I’ve been listening now for a few years to this piece. It’s a solo piano piece that I would guess has been written in contemporary times. It’s played as the “hold” music (that you hear while you’re waiting to be transferred to a department) for CVS, Staples, Best Buy. I researched the song but can’t come up with anything more than it’s called the Golden Dragon, but I’m not even sure of that. I telephoned corporate for each of these stores, and still can’t come up with anything. It’s not a priority for them. Also did extensive Google research and found I'm not the only one seeking info about it.

Anyone know anything about this song?

#282770 - 03/06/10 10:13 AM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

#282771 - 03/06/10 01:27 PM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Is this it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjAMpAtIPk

t.

No, tony.......I'm not even sure the name of the song is the Golden Dragon. It's a very distinctive piano song. So well done you can listen to it over and over and never get tired of it. I want to add it to my performance, but I'm stymied on how to identify this song.

P.S. The composer has to be raking in big bucks in royalties on this tune. All the stores seem to be using it.

Lucky

#282772 - 03/06/10 02:22 PM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
It would be fairly easy to you to post an audio sample of the song here, whatever the quality, or simply play the melody.
People may be able to recognize it.

#282773 - 03/06/10 07:26 PM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

trident.......I don't have the song. I was wondering if anyone else was listening to it also when they call one of the stores and get put on hold...and maybe they recognized it. I'm surprised it hasn't caught else's attention here already.

Would you believe I called corporate headquarters at Staples and CVS and they can't track it down. I mean, like, it gets piped into their stores and they don't even know how to trace it down to it's source. It makes me wonder how they get to be in upper management?

Lucky

#282774 - 03/06/10 07:30 PM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

trident.......I don't have the song. I was wondering if anyone else was listening to it also when they call one of the stores and get put on hold...and maybe they recognized it. I'm surprised it hasn't caught else's attention here already.

Would you believe I called corporate headquarters at Staples and CVS and they can't track it down. I mean, like, it gets piped into their stores and they don't even know how to trace it down to it's source. It makes me wonder how they get to be in upper management?

Lucky

#282775 - 03/06/10 08:29 PM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
I’ve been listening now for a few years to this piece. It’s a solo piano piece that I would guess has been written in contemporary times. It’s played as the “hold” music (that you hear while you’re waiting to be transferred to a department) for CVS, Staples, Best Buy. I researched the song but can’t come up with anything more than it’s called the Golden Dragon, but I’m not even sure of that. I telephoned corporate for each of these stores, and still can’t come up with anything. It’s not a priority for them. Also did extensive Google research and found I'm not the only one seeking info about it.

Anyone know anything about this song?

Load Musescore onto your pc you can write a couple of lines of the tune and email it to a few of us, it’s your best chance.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#282776 - 03/06/10 11:03 PM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Geez, ya gotta at least throw a brother a bone here.

Set up to record the tune and call the number 'til you get a chance.

Upload said recording to a fileshare and post the URL here.

Don't try to identify a song with verbal description, that just doesn't work. Except maybe if you could write the numbers of the melody. And that is still a maybe due to rhythm patterns not being delineted with that method.

Recording is where its at.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#282777 - 03/07/10 09:56 AM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
tony mads usa Offline

Mac ... I was thinking of the recording idea as well ...
t.

#282778 - 03/07/10 10:05 AM Re: name of the song I hear on "hold" in the stores?
tony mads usa Offline

dble post ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-07-2010).]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online