SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#282838 - 03/07/10 05:41 PM Tyros 3 question - guitar chords
ytlevine Offline

Hi all.
Haven't stopped in in a while - hope everyone's doing well.
I borrowed a Tyros 3 from a friend for a few weeks for a recording I'm working on.
So far seems like an awesome keyboard, and slightly different than my PSR 3000.
I'm trying to get something sounding like guitar strumming.
I tried some of the multi pads, but that didn't really cut it, especially since I'm working on something with 3/4 tempo.
Can anyone give me a few tips on the best way to do this (assuming it's possible)?
Thanks a lot!!

#282839 - 03/08/10 07:43 AM Re: Tyros 3 question - guitar chords
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You may want to take a look at some of the new features at the PSR-Tutorial site. You can make your own Multi-Pads using Michael Bedesem's new program, which can be found at http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/padmaker.html This would allow you to create a multi-pad that does exactly what you wish and incorporate it into your song(s). Additionally, you'll find links to thousands of new Multi-Pads, some of which may be what you are looking for.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#282840 - 03/08/10 10:25 AM Re: Tyros 3 question - guitar chords
ytlevine Offline

Gary - thanks for the info.
So sounds like there's no way to just play something live?
I'll look into what you suggested - thanks!

#282841 - 03/08/10 01:50 PM Re: Tyros 3 question - guitar chords
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Live is the way to go if you are doing a recording... Just find a good acoustic guitarist in the area, maybe swap out a little playing time (you play some keyboards for free on HIS stuff), and if you haven't recorded a guitar before, listen to his recommendations for how to get a good sound...

Some of the Yamaha styles have pretty good strumming patterns and picking patterns, but real is always better!

If, for some reason you CAN'T find a tight enough picker, try listening to ALL the styles, and if you find a strumming pattern that works for your song,, either record it separately (it's tempo will still be tight, so you can 'slip' it into sync with your other tracks) or assemble a Frankenstyle (Ian can help you with this) where it is the main guitar part.

Hope this helps...

#282842 - 03/08/10 01:57 PM Re: Tyros 3 question - guitar chords
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Have you tried Guitar Serenade...it's in the Ballad category, and it is in 3/4 time?

Ian

#282843 - 03/08/10 02:22 PM Re: Tyros 3 question - guitar chords
ytlevine Offline

Thanks everyone for the help.
Ian - Didn't try it yet, but I'm going to soon.
Thanks!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online