SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#281318 - 02/12/10 04:59 PM Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Hi Guys! from Snowy Dallas, TX

I had tried the manual[I'm not very good with Yamaha Manuals]

I need to learn how to save more than 8 registrations on my S900.

I already 8 reg [Buttons 1-8] full.

How do I save more than that?

I'm not sure if I'm asking this properly.

Thanks

#281319 - 02/12/10 07:34 PM Re: Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Vilo,

There are some great lessons on doing exactly what you want at www.psrtutorial.com

It's a fairly easy process. Merely save the existing registration bank under another name. Call this duplicate New or Blank. Then select the duplicate registration, press the Edit button, press the delete button, select all, OK, Yes To All and the registration will be empty. Now, resave the New or Blank registration bank.

Now you can use this to create a new bank each time. When you go to save additional registrations within the New or Blank bank, press Save, then save it under a NEW name. It's that easy.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#281320 - 02/13/10 12:00 AM Re: Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Vilo:

Registrations Banks are (to me) the best way to manage your keyboard and be VERY quick in changing from one to another different set of registrations.
Like Gary said, just put a name to each one of the banks you are making, I use either "generic" registrations like "Rhumba1 108" that tells me that is for any rhumba at 108bpm, and in each of the registrations I make my own combinations, 8 in total, of course, all of them different, and what I do, is the first 1-4 registration, in with one Rhumba style and from 5-8 I use a different Rhumba style at the same tempo, so, If I want to change in the middle of the song, I can do it without the risk of "jumping" in tempo, this is an example, I use that for ALL kinds of music.
Also I have dedicated registrations for certain tunes, mainly, the "song styles".
I hope you can use some of the ideas.

------------------
mdorantes

#281321 - 02/13/10 07:00 AM Re: Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
ViLo Offline

Thanks guys.

I did create a couple of new banks, following what I remembered from the manual, but when I got to the deleting part, I was afraid to loose my registrations, I spend lots of time saving

thanks again.

PS,Gary I did try PSRTutorial.com but I did not find anything, so I'll try again.

#281322 - 02/13/10 07:04 AM Re: Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Vilo,

the information is somewhere in the Lessons section--I'll try to dig it up for you and post a link.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#281323 - 02/13/10 07:06 AM Re: Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
ViLo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Vilo,

the information is somewhere in the Lessons section--I'll try to dig it up for you and post a link.

Gary

I went to the lessons section, so I'm going again and c if I can find it.

Thanks again.

#281324 - 02/13/10 07:10 AM Re: Registration, Banks, Memory S900 [??]
ViLo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Vilo,

Gary

Gary I found it under the FAQ section.

so it makes it look easy, I'll try it this afternoon, I'm leaving for church in a few minutes, so I'll try this when I come back.

Thnaks again for taking the time to answer to my post.

thanks Mdorantes too.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online