SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#278075 - 12/24/09 11:14 PM Checksum errors on Loading Audya OSss
Tony Hughes Offline

AJ,

Perhaps is the only person that knows the answer to this. I have heard a dealer saying if an Audya locks up on you, the OS has not loaded properly, frankly I find this an insult. When OSss are loaded on, there should be a checksum process performed, this test the software is loaded perfectly, if not it will push out a checksum error, and the process should stop there. James has pointed this out in another thread, if anyone knows if there is a checksum performed let him speak now.
I don't think there is and I think Ketron go blind at it " a shot in the dark, or better still when landing a plane closing your eyes just before touch down! If Ketron read this site and don't have a member under-cover, can they ask AJ to let us all know, this is fundamentel to the future of the KB.

Regards

PS I forgot if there is a checksum process maybe this has not been written correctly and that locks up internally too and we don't know about it!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-24-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#278076 - 12/25/09 07:09 AM Re: Checksum errors on Loading Audya OSss
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Tony,

Looooong time ago I owned the SD1 (Ketron) and I'm pretty sure there 's a checksum-check before actually write to flash-memory.

Merry Xmas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online